Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Scholarships 2012

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

spurious wrote: »
    Do you fulfil the requirements?
    Medical card (so exempt from paying the LC fee), first time sitting the Leaving, not in receipt of another scholarship and attending a non fee paying secondary school?

Lots more stuff here: http://www.education.ie/en/Learners/Services/Scholarships/All-Ireland-Scholarship-Scheme.pdf (.pdf file)

As in do I have a medical card? No I don't. non fee paying school yep and have applied for other scholarships alright but no, as of yet, not in receipt of any scholarships at all! Really would have liked this but doesnt look good does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You won't get it without the medical card. You had to be exempt from LC fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Eathrin wrote: »
    You won't get it without the medical card. You had to be exempt from LC fees.

Looking back through bank statements from last year, both September and October payments came in one in the middle of October. They're possibly doing the same thing this year.

knew there'd be a catch. Cheers lads

knew there'd be a catch. Cheers lads

Were you successful in any of your other scholarship applications?

• Advertisement

Were you successful in any of your other scholarship applications?

No word back from one big one i was hoping for but it looks like I'll get susi and should get once off money award from college too in the next month or so, so not all bad

I got my letter for one today, must have been some left over after rechecks came out :D

I got my letter for one today, must have been some left over after rechecks came out :D

Congratulations! That must have been an extra nice surprise!

Congratulations! That must have been an extra nice surprise!

Oh I was delighted! Well the letter says I'm only being considered but does that mean I've got one?

Oh I was delighted! Well the letter says I'm only being considered but does that mean I've got one?

If you accept it in time you are almost guaranteed it. It's just a precaution in case your circumstances have changed afaik.

• Advertisement

If you accept it in time you are almost guaranteed it. It's just a precaution in case your circumstances have changed afaik.

Thank you! :D I thought that myself because it's just asking if I've got my medical card/if I've deferred my course :)

Advertisement