Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emerge Universal laptop charger issue

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

On Saturday i bought a Emerge universal laptop charger with 11 tips for different laptops for €50, my laptop is a dell and it won't charge my laptop, it will work for 10 seconds and stop, i must take out the charger and enter it again but no joy, i can't get it to work longer than 30 seconds to charger my laptop.

I want to return it, but the shop is known for been ass-holes for consumer rights i have been told, i spilled water on the receipt and it is hardly legible.

what are my rights for a full refund with a receipt you can hardly read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Why did you need to buy a new charger ? Was the old one faulty ? It's quite possible there's a problem with the laptop and not the new charger. Can you confirm by trying the charger on a known good laptop ?

If the shop plug it in and it works fine then you'll be relying on their understanding for them to take it back.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RED PASSION

ZENER wrote: »
    Why did you need to buy a new charger ? Was the old one faulty ? It's quite possible there's a problem with the laptop and not the new charger. Can you confirm by trying the charger on a known good laptop ?

If the shop plug it in and it works fine then you'll be relying on their understanding for them to take it back.

Ken

Old charger, the lead going into the laptop became split due to bad design and how i used it, had it bend at the same point over time the lead split and the inside wires broke. so it was not faulty as such just bad design, the laptop is perfect so is the battery, checked with someones elses charger but now this one i bought days ago won't charge the battery at all. plug out charger to print something etc laptop goes dead. this charger is not cheap lidl sh1t so i am very cross

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RED PASSION

found this on the net

Re: Battery is not charging with a universal charger. Why?
    Dell is strict when it comes to power supplies to protect the board from damages caused by using wrong power supplies.

If the power supply's impedance doesnt match OEM, it will power the laptop but won't charge.

surely this is against the fit for purpose consumer act

Advertisement