Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC as a mature student-Need Advice!!

• 21-08-2012 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

I sat my leaving cert in 2007 & since then have gone on to forge a career I'm not happy in after completing a 2 yr level 7 course. I now feel I'm at the right stage of life and mind-frame to focus myself towards doing what I've always wanted to do (but never had the determination to) that is English in TCD.

This year the points are 510 which I'm far off & I cannot go the mature student route this yr because I was 23 after Jan. I spoke to a trinity career advisor who told me my best bet was to repeat the LC & apply as mature this year (LC will give me an extra advantage)

But I have a few Qs... Will I need to repeat Irish & Maths?? These were my least favourite subjects & I passed both in 2007. Does the institute of Education take mature students? Should I do Biology again? (I absolutely hate sciences and the course I want doesn't require it however I know schools always recommend doing at least 1 science)

All advice welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Once you pass requirement subjects you don't need to repeat them. The institute takes mature students yes :) And schools normally will advise a student to take a science subject in case you change your mind and want to go to science related college course.. they also recommend a business subject for the exact same reason.

Advertisement