Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nervous Tics

• 21-08-2012 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I have this thing where, i guess its some kind of nervous tic, where i clear my throat alot, even when there's nothing there to be cleared. It seems to really annoy other people around me, particularly my mother and sister. I also sniffle my nose needlessly, , and to be fair I can see how it can be annoying to others. But i cant seem to stop it, not totally anyway. Is there any weird habits/mannerisms that you have that drives other people crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my wife goes mad bacause i dont pick up my clothes off the floordrobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

my wife goes mad bacause i dont pick up my clothes off the floordrobe

Is floordrobe a term,I've never heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

kneemos wrote: »
    Is floordrobe a term,I've never heard it before.

It's fairly self-explanatory... :p

BOF666 wrote: »
    It's fairly self-explanatory... :p

What's the wardrobe used for then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What's the wardrobe used for then?

You've got a... wardrobe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I rub my eyebrow so much so that there is very little hair left anytime I'm nervous.

Drives people around me mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

My eye used to twitch when nervous. Nightmare playing poker. Was naked in no time and my pecker is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nux

I tend to pinch my nipple either through my shirt or reach under my shirt, it's like I do it unconsciously.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Galwayguy20

For some reason I always touch my face after I change lanes when driving. I never noticed it until a friend pointed it out and now it drives me mental. :(

For some reason I always touch my face after I change lanes when driving. I never noticed it until a friend pointed it out and now it drives me mental. :(

Your congratulating yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Galwayguy20

Your congratulating yourself?

How do you congratulate people? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I get a big angry looking scowl when I'm nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

When I'm sitting at the computer in work I have a habit of highlighting and un-highlighting text. Means I click the mouse a LOT. Luckily no one seems to have noticed, and I'm trying to do it less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I used to go bright pink in the face if I got nervous making the situation ten times harder to control. You could cook an egg on my cheeks with the heat from them.

Now, my face didn't go red, just my cheeks making me look like a shaved gorilla which I'd be stuck with for about an hour.

Alos happens if I drink whiskey :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Me Ma used to go mad at me when I was younger for rubbing me eyes, still do it to this day but now I can do it in peace :D

In before Japs eye joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I run my hand through my hair.
    I scratch a spot of eczema above my eyebrow.
    I drum my fingers.
    I also have restless leg syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Now this is a nervous tic

Advertisement