Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciderette

• 21-08-2012 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Do TK still make it?

Haven't had it in years, would love to have it again. I tried mixing red lemonade and cream soda before, it wasn't the same. As far as I know, cream soda is gone so I can't even do that anymore :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I tried mixing red lemonade and cream soda before, it wasn't the same.
    :confused: I thought ciderette was their version of cidona.

Tesco only show tk red lemonade, orange and normal lemonade. Can't find a tk website but I think there is one.

EDIT: found this site which lists it. Dunno if it is out of date, seems to be an archive of the cantrell site
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060827081816/http://www.cantrell.ie/our_brands/range_tk.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Here's the TK website. They're part of Britvic now, and it says its only available in Red and White Lemonade and Orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Aldi do a cream soda (for your alternate option) 69c for 2l. I don't know how it compares to Tk though.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23193.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Thank lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I know it's an old thread, but it has some good links in it. As it stands 11 years later TK still only make red/white lemonade and orange

Does anyone have an image of the old TK range. I could count about 15 flavours that they use to have.

Incidentally I have some cans of Barr's cream soda and TK red lemonade. I didn't know until I read this that ciderette was a mixture of the two. I remember it being a deeper velvet red than lemonade.

Was it a 50 50 mix?

The Barrs cream soda is full of sweeteners, not sure I could recreate the texture. If there's interest I'll let you know how I got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Mortan

Thank lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ciderette isn't a mix of lemonade and cream soda. Not sure where that notion came from.

It's apple flavoured, as in a cider flavoured soft drink. Nothing like the other two (lemon and vanilla)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I don't think I've ever seen a forum quite like the food one for vamping threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Nah, it's rampant all over the site. Someone resurrected a thread from 2006 in AH earlier 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

TK Ciderette was not apple flavoured. It was a deep red colour.

The source of this notion Is that manufacturers don't stick to the terminology that cider is just apple flavoured. For example Bulmers Pear Cider or Bulmers Crushed red berries and lime Cider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ciderette was apple flavoured. Not the same apple-y flavour as Cidona, and not as sweet. But it was definitely apple flavoured to my palate.

Advertisement