Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Average age

• 21-08-2012 4:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Just for curiositys sake whats the average age on boards/AH would you say ?:D

What's your age ? 411 votes

13-15
    0% 0 votes
    16-25
    1% 7 votes
    26-30
    47% 194 votes
    31-35
    24% 102 votes
    36-40
    13% 55 votes
    45-55
    7% 31 votes
    56-65
    3% 16 votes
    66-70
    1% 6 votes
    71-75
    0% 0 votes
    76+
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Boards prob about 30

Ah about 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

F
    Cali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

F
    Cali

Some sort of child prodigy?

I'm 25 but my birthday is this weekend!

PARTY!!!

What age are you OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

There sure is a lotta young 'uns up at this hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

mackg wrote: »

PARTY!!!

What age are you OP?

I'm 19 so, barely out of nappies really! :P
    Rothmans wrote: »

School/College holidays , people have nothing better to be doing giving rise to skewed sleeping patterns would be the reason for that I'd imagine ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

aaabbbb wrote: »

School/College holidays , people have nothing better to be doing giving rise to skewed sleeping patterns would be the reason for that I'd imagine ! :D

Well I'm goin to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Rothmans wrote: »

Too much Redtube and lube.

The 26-35 age group should have make up a good portion. We've been here longer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Different question in the poll than the op which will ruin the scientific accuracy of the poll. . . :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

theteal wrote: »
    Different question in the poll than the op which will ruin the scientific accuracy of the poll. . . :pac:
    No 40-45 option from what I can see doesn't help accuracy either :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

How come there's no multi-vote option? :(

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My average age is 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

16-25 is bit broad an option, i reckons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

mackg wrote: »

PARTY!!!

What age are you OP?

i dont know what your so happy about, you moving into the new age bracket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Jez, I thought my age group would have been represented a lot more (31-35)

A lot of whipper snappers on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

About 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

bout tree fiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ara' Jaysus, you're all pups.

I remember when this forum used to be nothing but fields and trees. Over there by the Personal Issues forum used to be a farm owned by the O'Donoghue family, they used to keep the pigs out in a shed where the Mustard forum is now. The father was strange fella but mostly kept to himself. Harmless, he was, you could say but was a good worker.

The wife was a grand-aunt of Richie Kavanagh, wouldn't ya believe? Twas shocking what happened to them in the 70's, one of the donkeys got loose and ate them all. Took about 8 of us to beat it to death after it got the blood lust and started terrorising the nearby village...............which is now known as The Ladies' Lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

16-25 is too broad of a category. I'd say the majority of people here are in their early 20's.

16-25 is too broad of a category. I'd say the majority of people here are in their early 20's.

That's true, when I was making the poll though I was a bit too lazy to have to put in another category ! oh well hindsights a bitch!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

19, as some of you might say, "sure you're only a baba." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm 21 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

red menace wrote: »
    Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

This pole isn't fair. In the options there is uneven distrubition of the age gaps. The 16-25 option is over twice as big as the other options.

This pole is worthless

no offense op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

F
    Cali

PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Why are the options 13-15 and then 16-25?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I remember when all here was fields!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So far topping the poll is 18-25? :confused:

I couldnt help but feel "no wonder" when reading that :o
    I dont mean that in a dickish or stuck up way its just you can read some crap on boards. The type of things that would make you question a persons life experience when it comes to certain topics.

Like, for me, i didnt cop onto myself and things until 25. Which i view to be a very old age to do so (not saying I am sharp, just saying stopped being thick to the ways of the world. The eyes opened. Still have a long way to go of course)

But I guess thats the internet and the anonymity that comes with it. The person arguing with you about a society based topic could only be 18 with no life experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

Ni-ni-ni 19, 19, ni-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

74 this October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I'M 80. NO 12!!
    55. TAKE ALLOFTHOSENUMBERSANDDOSOMETHINGWITHTHEMTHATWILLEQUALMYREALAGE.

THANKS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I hope the average age of the females are 13-15

I also hope the rest of the users agree :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

The person arguing with you about a society based topic could only be 18 with no life experience.

I dont see a problem with that. Maby the best view on a topic can be given by people who haven't yet being 'indoctrinated' by the 'system'.

Yes i know some really stupid young people but i aslo know some really really smart young people and the same goes for 'adults'. I think people should argue/debate ideas/opinions. I dont see why age has to come into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

76+ can operate a computer?

I dont see a problem with that. Maby the best view on a topic can be given by people who haven't yet being 'indoctrinated' by the 'system'.

Yes i know some really stupid young people but i aslo know some really really smart young people and the same goes for 'adults'. I think people should argue/debate ideas/opinions. I dont see why age has to come into it.

Obviously it depends what we are talking about here :)
    I am not a dickhead and saying "what does an 18yo know about anything!" :P Thats certainly not the case. Your average 18yo is not a fool :P

But we grow as people as we get older. We get more wise. See through crap more. Have experiences. I'm kinda referring to social and society aspects here. Not general opinion on topics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I got my age wrong, can I do it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,750 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Complete poll fail. You can not vote if you're 12 or under, 41-44, and worst, if you are Atari Jaguar :(

Age discrimination I call it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If you divide my age by the average Number of years I've been alive you'll get a rough idea of how old I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

There are 76+ year olds that know how to use the internet? :eek:

CJC999 wrote: »
    If you divide my age by the average Number of years I've been alive you'll get a rough idea of how old I am.

Lets see. Joined boards in 2007. Has "CJ" is his name. Thus 5 years. Divided by 3. 1.666 years............. By my calculations you are between 1 and a half and 100.

unkel wrote: »
    Complete poll fail. You can not vote if you're 12 or under, 41-44, and worst, if you are Atari Jaguar :(

Age discrimination I call it :mad:

Ooops :L Im just gonna go with the excuse I was tired when I made it and numbers really aren't my thing in any case ! :P

Obviously it depends what we are talking about here :)
    I am not a dickhead and saying "what does an 18yo know about anything!" :P Thats certainly not the case. Your average 18yo is not a fool :P

But we grow as people as we get older. We get more wise. See through crap more. Have experiences. I'm kinda referring to social and society aspects here. Not general opinion on topics.

Yes we become more wise , but we also become more ignorant as when we age we tend to stop opening up to new concepts and "stick to what we know" so to speak and thus we stop learning and once we stop learning we become ignorant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Ah, i see the average age! All you bloody young people, know bugger all about the world. No wonder you post such crap. Not like a mature adult like me.

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Yes we become more wise , but we also become more ignorant as when we age we tend to stop opening up to new concepts and "stick to what we know" so to speak and thus we stop learning and once we stop learning we become ignorant :D

When I was 18 onwards. I felt that older people were ignorant. To a variety of things from changing with the times, to mentality of things, to pretty much everything :P

Being late 20s now. I sadly see the world differently. I remember hearing a quote, "the more things change, the more they stay they same" - sad but true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

plus ca change.

amen B.A.

When I was 18 onwards. I felt that older people were ignorant. To a variety of things from changing with the times, to mentality of things, to pretty much everything :P

Being late 20s now. I sadly see the world differently. I remember hearing a quote, "the more things change, the more they stay they same" - sad but true.

Its how history has an uncanny ability to repeat itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Why cant I be 41 - 44

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Why cant I be 41 - 44

Because I am an IDIOT !! :P

....and can't count :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement