Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB and An Post Deposit

Options
  • 21-08-2012 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Wondering if you can help me.

Are the AIB banking facilities up and running with An Post yet?

From my understanding, you can deposit money into your AIB account at the post office. Has anyone done this?

This does simply involve handing your laser card and money, and they enter into the account?

How long does it take for the money to appear in the account?

Cheers for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

The service has been running for at least 2-3 years if not longer... You need a lodgement book as far as I know... takes about 4-6hours to show on your AIB account.

If anyone is interested... National Irish Bank provide the same service.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

Wow, its been going that long!? Talk about out of the loop! Thanks for the info.

Can anyone give confirmation as to whether you need a lodgement book?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I did this once, a few weeks ago, and I didn't need a lodgement book, I just had to put my AIB Laser card in the cardreader, enter my PIN and that was it. Took a few hours to show up in my AIB account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I did this once, a few weeks ago, and I didn't need a lodgement book, I just had to put my AIB Laser card in the cardreader, enter my PIN and that was it. Took a few hours to show up in my AIB account.
    You just swipe your lodgement in. I have seen it hit my account in half an hour. It's been going years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

OneIdea wrote: »
    If anyone is interested... National Irish Bank provide the same service.

The NIB Service is terrible...
    • You need a special lodgement book with a barcode
    • You need to put your cheques and lodgment slip into a plastic envelope, lodgement slip at the front
    • The envelope barcode is scanned, and the lodgement slip is scanned
    • You have to keep a tear-off receipt off the plastic envelope
    • You have to sign one copy of a printed receipt (??)
    • They give you another copy of the receipt
    • They send the lodgment overnight to an NIB/Northern Bank central office. They process it the next day
    • Wait for the funds to clear
    All on top of having to queue for the single open window behind various people collecting pensions, saying a dozen parcels to a dozen countries and buying savings certificates with forms to be filled out and signed for...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

homer911 wrote: »
    The NIB Service is terrible...

Its straight forward enough for cash I use it myself weekly and they will even text me when the lodgement goes through.

I'm sure cheques for AIB accounts would go through a similar system before they arrive at your account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I use the post office to lodge cash onto my laser card weekly. Just hand in your card, they'll swipe it and get you to enter your pin on the pad. Time for money to show is usually 20 - 30 mins later with the odd once in a blue moon time of a couple of hours. You can lodge to cashsave or current account. Been doing it for about 3 years or so at least. Beats queuing in the bank for far longer every time.

Advertisement