Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hundreds of brides claim for the lost engagement ring,

• 21-08-2012 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

HUNDREDS of brides have contacted a mountain rescue group after fundraisers found a diamond ring in their collection bucket.

Since going public with news of the lost ring, Mayo Mountain Rescue has been inundated with calls, all from ladies desperate to claim the prize.a member of the rescue group, said his phone had been ringing off the hook since going public with the find last week. However, he believes the majority of the calls are genuine and not just opportunists hoping to claim a free diamond ring.
    "We've had hundreds of calls but nobody with the ring's description.

"There are a lot of genuine people out there that have been calling up. What is surprising about this is the number of women who have lost engagement rings," he said.The owner of the ring can contact Westport garda station at 098 25555 or Robert Hunt on 087 1798426 for more details.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hundreds-of-brides-try-to-claim-lost-diamond-ring-3206705.html

Are they opportunists looking for a free ring :) or is there really that many Engaged woman out there who lost there ring :):) in mayo.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Grammar comments removed. Stupid generalisations removed.

Let's try this one again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

realies wrote: »
    .................The owner of the ring can contact Westport garda station at 098 25555 or Robert Hunt on 087 1798426 for more details.

It's mine. I tried to ring the numbers but they're engaged.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I think the Mountain rescue has saved a man from getting married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Grammar comments removed. Stupid generalisations removed.

Let's try this one again.

All you bad grammer lovin' nazi mods are the same.

sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Boombastic wrote: »
    It's mine. I tried to ring the numbers but they're engaged.:)

But you have a lovely, lovely ring already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement