Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies started already

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

rugrats wrote: »
    That's lies!! :p I waited for them last year and they didn't come until the middle of November. I only wish they were on in September, but alas, it won't be.

Hi rugrats I hope you have noticed all the food channel christmas programmes that have been on for the last couple of weeks and a few before that too. So I don't think I was telling "lies" as you put it.

I see that you have said they don't start till mid November - we are not at mid November yet rug rats. Careful how you use the word "lies" tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Christmas with the Kranks - RTE1 this evening at 6.35pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm doing a 50 Christmas movies challenge! There's a thread on it in the film forum. The poster who started it is doing a 50 day challenge, oh I wish I had the time to watch a film every day :D But I'm just going to try and do a count of 50 throughout the season!

So I'm about 6 in, doing pretty well I think, lots of time left and lots of opportunity during actual Christmas week to bump up the number :)

We put on Home Alone on Thursday evening and Elf yesterday! Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

tartlet wrote: »
    Christmas with the Kranks - RTE1 this evening at 6.35pm :)

Watching it now! :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Jumanji on tv over the weekend, not enirely xmassy i know except for the ending which is awesome imho, but a firm favourite of mine since I was about 9 and hadnt seen it in a very long time, good xmassy tv moodage :)

Starting off my xmas movies watching the past couple of weeks with Scrooged which I saw for the first time ever last xmas at the Screen screening by myself and loved it, and also Love Actually which never gets old and full of xmassy warm feelings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

The santa clause is the big big movie next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i have never seen Love Actually - might try to catch it this year. If hugh grant is in it I probably won't watch it - I can't stand him.

Mrs Scrooge is a good movie and was on couple weeks ago.

i have never seen Love Actually - might try to catch it this year. If hugh grant is in it I probably won't watch it - I can't stand him.

fishy fishy, hes not TOO bad in it, and it is worth watching it to hear the little girls singing in the Christmas concert near the end. Give it a go - its an excuse to tackle a selection box :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I really like the film 'Love Actually' but the repeated calling of Martine Mcutcheon's character 'fat' irritates the life out of me.
    She's at most a size 10-12. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Posy wrote: »
    I really like the film 'Love Actually' but the repeated calling of Martine Mcutcheon's character 'fat' irritates the life out of me.
    She's at most a size 10-12. :(

She's quite hot http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab62/Jaffa_Gas/Martine-McCutcheon14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Just watched the 1951 Alistair Sim 'Scrooge' for the first time and I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Every Christmas I HAVE to watch a Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooged, Polar Express, It's a wonderful life and Nightmare before Christmas.
    Used to be great when I worked in a video store- Christmas movies were on continously from about mid Novemeber on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Muppets Christmas Carol was on today! watched it :)

Bad Santa just starting on TV3 now :D:)

star-pants wrote: »
    Feck it!! I missed that, I adore that movie, my favourite of all the xmas movies!! :):)
    Just a wierd random question, you know the bit where they have the really sad song "when love is gone", thats cut out of the dvd of it i have :(, it was on tv though as I used to have it taped off the tv from years ago, just curious is there any version of it with that song, I used to know it off by heart back when I was like 7 or 8 :o:) and always makes me cry a little since then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Just a wierd random question, you know the bit where they have the really sad song "when love is gone", thats cut out of the dvd of it i have :(

Looking online, apparently it was cut for timing reasons on some tv versions, and was cut from the UK DVD. So you'd have to get an american DVD perhaps to get it in the film. (just in case you don't know, US DVDs are region 1 - it'll play on a multi-region dvd player though or perhaps a laptop)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

star-pants wrote: »

You must have been in absolute heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Feck it!! I missed that, I adore that movie, my favourite of all the xmas movies!! :):)
    Just a wierd random question, you know the bit where they have the really sad song "when love is gone", thats cut out of the dvd of it i have :(, it was on tv though as I used to have it taped off the tv from years ago, just curious is there any version of it with that song, I used to know it off by heart back when I was like 7 or 8 :o:) and always makes me cry a little since then!

I'm going to see it in the Lighthouse Cinema on the 22nd, dying to see if the song is in it! When I was a kid, we had a VHS and it was on that version. Haven't seen it since :(

Advertisement