Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this course worth the time?

• 21-08-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to do course in webdesign and came across this today:
    http://www.groupon.ie/ (it's on the front page now)

Has anyone ever heard of the company offering it, ecareers.com? Would it be a complete waste of time?

Cheers, Jason

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Looks like a do it yourself online learning kinda thing, best off going and doing a Part time Course is your not into full time education. Or go do a proper full time one could also be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tatrman

Jason1984 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking to do course in webdesign and came across this today:
    http://www.groupon.ie/ (it's on the front page now)

Has anyone ever heard of the company offering it, ecareers.com? Would it be a complete waste of time?

Cheers, Jason

just rip-off in my opinion. you can find anything online and free especially when it comes to webdesign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mechainical

I was looking at the same thing, but came to the same conclusion.

I found a guy on youtube, called "the new boston", and he has loads of videos on HTML5 & CSS, along with loads more. Each video is about 8 - 10 mins long, and he explains everything. I downloaded all the videos and am working my way through them.

Ok, you wont have the cert at the end of looking at the videos, but its still pretty good.

At the same time, its only €119 for that course, and you will have the piece of paper at the end. So I guess it depends on if you want to just learn for yourself and nicksers or if you want to move into that line of work! But to be honest, there are plenty of sites out there that will write the code for you if you just send them the site layout. I am learning it for myself, and to make changed to personel sites as I want!

C

Advertisement