Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green bin a bit too full...

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Will they pick it up or ignore if there is a bit to much?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If it's the Green Bin I would suggest putting the excess in a plastic bag beside it (which stops stuff blowing away which can happen if the lid is not down properly) - they normally will pick up extra re-cycling where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Ring Panda and ask for extra recycling sacks. They will send them out to you FOC. I always have a few spare going. They prefer you use their sacks as they are clear and then it can be seen easily that the contents are recyclable. But failing that a white bin liner would probably be accepted the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Little Ted wrote: »
    Ring Panda and ask for extra recycling sacks. They will send them out to you FOC. I always have a few spare going. They prefer you use their sacks as they are clear and then it can be seen easily that the contents are recyclable. But failing that a white bin liner would probably be accepted the odd time.

Do they chage you extra for picking up the extra sack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

no charge - there is no charge for picking up your green bin anyway, it is included in your yearly fee, so they don't charge for the extra bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I simply put the excess in a bag and put it in the shed. Following collection, I then place the excess in the bin for the next collection. Obviously that only works for "one-offs" and not if your bin is constantly over-full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement