Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the population of Cork?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

We're having a discussion on the LK forum re population of cities and suburbs.

Can someone tell me what's the population of Cork city and then it's population when you include the suburbs ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Go straight to the source:
    http://census.cso.ie/sapmap/

"The total population in this settlement (Cork city and suburbs) was 198582"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Jason1984 wrote: »
    Go straight to the source:
    http://census.cso.ie/sapmap/

"The total population in this settlement (Cork city and suburbs) was 198582"

Thanks Jason, an interesting site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

strange that the census includes Ballincollig and Blarney in the suburbs, but not Carraigaline or Midleton, I suppose they would be part of Metropolitan Cork, which is bigger again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

strange that the census includes Ballincollig and Blarney in the suburbs, but not Carraigaline or Midleton, I suppose they would be part of Metropolitan Cork, which is bigger again.

Whatever about Blarney, there is very little "green area" between Ballincollig and Bishopstown if you go out the Model Farm Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

kcb wrote: »
    Whatever about Blarney, there is very little "green area" between Ballincollig and Bishopstown if you go out the Model Farm Road.

ah yes, what was once "the green belt" pretty much trampled over in the early 00's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

kcb wrote: »

Agreed.:)

Advertisement