Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stripping Audio from MOV file

Options
  • 21-08-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was at my brother-in-laws wedding this weekend and they didnt have any one recording the speeches. I had a JVC camcorder and i thought it would be nice to record it for him.

When i got home last night the sound on the recording is great, you can hear it in places and not in others.

Can someone tell me a program that i can get to strip the Audio out of the MOV files, In hance it and add it back in.

Or something along them lines

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

sony vegas would be the perfect solution to this, just get the trail, open up your file then automate the volume on the audio track and then render out your finished file.

You could also use something like ffmpeg to strip the file of its audio, then go into an audio editor and fix it. Vegas is actually the perfect tool for this since automating volume is a matter of just creating cue points and dragging the volume up and down as you wish.

Also through whatever method you choose, if you end up with an audio track and a video track which you want to merge, virtualdub is what you should use to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

You can input the file into Audacity, and it should read just the audio from the clip. I vaguely remember doing this before.

A better alternative, would be to download MPEG Streamclip and convert the video file to an audio format. It's fairly straight forward, and plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

Those two suggestions are for removing the audio, if you wanted to make adjustments with an audio application.

If it's a case of peaking and audio clipping at parts, then a video editor, like Vegas, could fix this for you. Follow, frozenfrozen's advice above for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Yeah, you could try ffmpeg, it can strip the file of its audio. But I also got a video converter from ifunia can extract audio files out of the video, you could get the free trial version to try before.

Advertisement