Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacobs Island Internet and TV

Options
  • 21-08-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi All

I am thinking of moving to the Kingfisher apartments in Jacobs Island and was wondering what people do there for Internet and Cable TV ? The only thing i have found so far are Nova Networks who seem to do only Internet (Wireless network) and telephone ? Anyone have good/bad experiences of them ?
    If this is the case, what do people there do about Cable TV ?

Other place looking at is Eden or Mariners Hall - same question for there I suppose - what do people do for Internet and/or Cable TV ?

Thanks to all who reply !!

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

thegeezer wrote: »
    Hi All

I am thinking of moving to the Kingfisher apartments in Jacobs Island and was wondering what people do there for Internet and Cable TV ? The only thing i have found so far are Nova Networks who seem to do only Internet (Wireless network) and telephone ? Anyone have good/bad experiences of them ?
    If this is the case, what do people there do about Cable TV ?

Other place looking at is Eden or Mariners Hall - same question for there I suppose - what do people do for Internet and/or Cable TV ?

Thanks to all who reply !!

Regards

I have a friend living in Jacobs Island and as far as I know the cable tv/internet down there is UPC.

But I think there is also a shared dish for sky.

Not sure about anything else that your asking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I have a friend living in Jacobs Island and as far as I know the cable tv/internet down there is UPC.

But I think there is also a shared dish for sky.

Not sure about anything else that your asking about.

Hi and thanks for reply

Checked UPC defo not in Jacobs Island - has to be Nova who do not offer TV. Do you know if the shared SKY dish is something everyone has the chance to use or just an in-crowd ? Basically only want sport, BBC1-4, RTE 1-2, rest sucks anyway !!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi and thanks for reply

Checked UPC defo not in Jacobs Island - has to be Nova who do not offer TV. Do you know if the shared SKY dish is something everyone has the chance to use or just an in-crowd ? Basically only want sport, BBC1-4, RTE 1-2, rest sucks anyway !!

Cheers

Yes...I have to say sorry to you here....

I got the wrong place..

He is living over the other side,,by the CSO office.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Hi and thanks for reply

Cheers

I can confirm everything for you :)

The Kingfisher is wired for Sky. So all that is needed is a sky box :)
    It's not wired for UPC.

Internet and phone can be anyone i.e. eircom & vodafone or Nova Networks.
    I have nova networks and it's excellent, very fast and good quality. It is a small bit more expensive though. Great customer service too.

Advertisement