Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Thread (Info & Requests) '12/'13 PP * ALL ACCOM. POSTS GO HERE! *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

No im afriad not. No need to for me.

I was gonna suggest that if you drive to move out a slight bit. Much better chance of a quiet house.

Hard to know where to rent within walking distance. Its one thing wanting a certain area but its another finding a house for rent this late.

Maybe someone reading this will have a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cunny funts

Media999 wrote: »
    No im afriad not. No need to for me.

I was gonna suggest that if you drive to move out a slight bit. Much better chance of a quiet house.

Hard to know where to rent within walking distance. Its one thing wanting a certain area but its another finding a house for rent this late.

Maybe someone reading this will have a room.

Yeah its very late alright. Thanks anyway!

Hi iv found a place, need somebody to live an a place with me, 2 rooms, 40 each a week. Girl or lad welcome. Doing social studies. Asap please. Im very easy to live with. Girls prefered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hi iv found a place, need somebody to live an a place with me, 2 rooms, 40 each a week. Girl or lad welcome. Doing social studies. Asap please. Im very easy to live with. Girls prefered!

:eek:

callaway92 wrote: »

:eek:
    yeah??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Can i ask where about the place is located,is it far from the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CocoAyl

Hi im viewing browns accomodation tomorrow if thats not suitable i might have a look thanks ! :)
    80 a week in Waterford! Your getting Robbed.. I've lived in The Bruin, Templers, Ashley Court, Canada Square in my 5 years in college and ive never paid above 55e a week..

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Can i ask where about the place is located,is it far from the college?

That place is gone now the landlord was dodgy as **** only found out after. Sickend

80 a week shared accommodation youd wanna be living like a king in Waterford. Double ensuite room in a nice house minimum.

€40 a week set off the alarms for me straight away.

• Advertisement

Hi. Looking to rent. Theres place on canada square for 500 a month so 250 each. Needed asap

Renting a place near Towers Hotel, Canada square. Its 200 month, but wev to get internet as well. Bills will be cheap enough hopefully. Needed asap. Close enough to college street. PM me

Renting a place near Towers Hotel, Canada square. Its 200 month, but wev to get internet as well. Bills will be cheap enough hopefully. Needed asap. Close enough to college street. PM me

Bills will be cheap if you leave the electric radiators alone and set the immersion on timer for 2 hours a day max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

CocoAyl wrote: »
    80 a week in Waterford! Your getting Robbed.. I've lived in The Bruin, Templers, Ashley Court, Canada Square in my 5 years in college and ive never paid above 55e a week..

Manor Village charge €87 a week for a single ensuite. Shared rooms with a shared bathroom are €83 a week I think. This doesn't include ESB. Waterford is more expensive than Cork to live in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 khowlin

Hi everyone.

I (foolishly) rented my house in Templars Hall at the start if the year to 3 first years. 2 of them have decided that college isn't for them and have dropped, while the other guys grant hasn't come through. So for the new term I have an empty house.

If any of you are returning from work experience and are looking for a room for the new term please let me know. Looking 845 a month for the full house.

I spent 4 years in UL a few years back so I know what asses some landlords can be. I'm a sound landlord who will most definitely return deposits etc as long as the house isn't destroyed.

Thx
    Ken

khowlin wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I (foolishly) rented my house in Templars Hall at the start if the year to 3 first years. 2 of them have decided that college isn't for them and have dropped, while the other guys grant hasn't come through. So for the new term I have an empty house.

If any of you are returning from work experience and are looking for a room for the new term please let me know. Looking 845 a month for the full house.

I spent 4 years in UL a few years back so I know what asses some landlords can be. I'm a sound landlord who will most definitely return deposits etc as long as the house isn't destroyed.

Thx
    Ken

845 for a house in the biggest dump in Waterford.

Sorry man but advice for anyone else is avoid Templars like the plague if you actually want to get through college. Its just full of the type of people who moved out of your house and Travellers.

Highest burglary rate in Waterford aswell.

845 is absolute robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dreadful

Media999 wrote: »
    845 for a house in the biggest dump in Waterford.

Sorry man but advice for anyone else is avoid Templars like the plague if you actually want to get through college. Its just full of the type of people who moved out of your house and Travellers.

Highest burglary rate in Waterford aswell.

845 is absolute robbery.

I would like to support the "avoid Templars if you want to get through college" and templars is a robbery. Over summer rent there is as low as 80 a week per house (320/month) Source: I lived there over summer.

Travellers on every row. Burglaries out of control.

Travellers off big fat gypsy wedding where caught breaking into houses there . No Jail time and they still live there. Let off with a fine. They dump bags full of dirty nappies into the creches Garden . Live like typical ****ing nackers.

Imagine paying the same for this as you would for a house beside them.

I have to say, I've never had a problem in Templars for what it's worth.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually currently live in Hong Kong so I am a little out of touch with how things are on the rental front in Waterford. What do most 3 bed houses in Templars hall rent for? Also what's the best way to go about renting them? On here? Daft? Or is there some sort if college accomodation list that I can get the house one?

Thanks guys ... Any feedback is appreciated.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually currently live in Hong Kong so I am a little out of touch with how things are on the rental front in Waterford. What do most 3 bed houses in Templars hall rent for? Also what's the best way to go about renting them? On here? Daft? Or is there some sort if college accomodation list that I can get the house one?

Thanks guys ... Any feedback is appreciated.

MY house is 3 Bedroom (2 Double, 1 Single) and it costs €300 p/m for myself. The single room is €275 p/m I think. Found it on Daft. You'd be better off finding a house there NOT from Waterford Lettings. Their going rate is around €340 p/m.

You can get available accommodation lists from the accommodations office in WIT. I'm sure if you emailed them they'd mail you back with phone numbers/house details etc.

Dact is prob the best way to go though :)

Thanks Callaway. I'm actually renting out the house rather than looking to rent.

So that's 300 pm for your room? How much is the entire house rented for. I've been told 845 for the whole house is too much. So what would be considered a fair price? Thanks

Thanks Callaway. I'm actually renting out the house rather than looking to rent.

So that's 300 pm for your room? How much is the entire house rented for. I've been told 845 for the whole house is too much. So what would be considered a fair price? Thanks

Oh right, sorry. Ours altogether I think is €875 p/m. We all pay separately to the landlord's bank account. That monthly bill includes the bins for us as well. (Does not include Internet/TV which is fair enough.) Other friend's of mine are on ~€920 p/m with same 2 Doubles and 1 single but there is an en-suite for 1 of the doubles. Their landlord is renting 2 houses to people I know and both are 100% €900+, again not including internet or tv. Bins are not inclusive in the ~€900.

Waterford Lettings going rate if I was to go by what they offered me would be €950+, not including internet, tv or bins.

If I was to give a rough estimate for everything I know, It'd be anything less than €900 is more than likely below the average going monthly rate in Templars Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

somebody needs to change the description of browns road i live there at the moment and it is horrible, cold damp and impossible to heat, especially if your not in the top apartment .... as for them advertising free wifi ..... youll need an ethernet cable to connect to the half mb line of internet... dont be fooled when they tell you its 8mb .... it's useless and that's when it actually comes on at all. My freezer/fridge only works as one or the other... either freezes everything or lets it all defrost, unfortunately you don't get to pick which, however it's so cold it isn't a big issue to leave milk around the house as it won't go off. I've stayed in both templers and browns road, and templers is lovely in comparison and from what ive experienced it both it is far quieter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 KillMona

Well lads,

Anybody have any experience of living in College Fields? I'm thinking of putting a deposit down soon but it's quite expensive so I want to make sure it's alright before I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

Interested in hearing people's experiences of living in College Fields too?Seems expensive for the standard of apartment but I guess you're paying for the location??Any one have any problems/issues with the apartments??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

From what I know a lot of mature and international students stay in College Fields. Dunno how suitable it would be for a 1st year wanting house parties every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emprexwd

2 single rooms and 1 double to rent waterford (Waterford city)
    Daft Property Shortcode:
    http://www.daft.ie/3715882

Single Bedroom €60 weekly
    Single Bedroom €60 weekly
    Double bedroom €70 weekly
    1 person currently living in this house 2 singles available and 1 double

House is owner occupied

Looking for either males or females (Couples accepted)
    Available to Move In: Thursday, 16 May
    Available for: 1 Year+

Property Description:
    Recently moderinised 3 bedroom house with 2 single rooms available.
    House is in very good condition throughout

House has all mod cons including 20mb wireless broadband, gas central heating,washing machine, ample car parking.
    House is situated in a quiet family estate and is a short distance from shops and 10 minutes walk from WIT. And 15 minutes from waterfoord industrial estate. College Street Campus also ten minutes walk. City centre 15 mins walk. direct bus outside the house serving paddybrowns road WIT , College st campus and

Excellent house for students attending nearby WIT or people working in waterford

House is in very good condition throughout , fully furnished and available for the full college year.

House is owner occupied

Facilities:
    Parking
    Central Heating
    House Alarm
    Washing Machine
    Microwave
    Internet
    Daft Property Shortcode:
    http://www.daft.ie/3715882

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 KillMona

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    From what I know a lot of mature and international students stay in College Fields. Dunno how suitable it would be for a 1st year wanting house parties every week.

Not that I want somewhere extremely loud or anything but I think I'll avoid that if that's the case.

What accomodation would people recommend for an incoming first year who's course is situated in the main campus?

• Advertisement

KillMona wrote: »
    Not that I want somewhere extremely loud or anything but I think I'll avoid that if that's the case.

What accomodation would people recommend for an incoming first year who's course is situated in the main campus?

Manor Village

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement