Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study midwifery in Ireland or UK? All advice appreciated

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all. I am in a bit of a dilemma. I really want to do Midwifery but I don’t know whether to do it in Ireland or UK. I am 22 since April so wont apply for a mature student for another 2 years which would mean me giving up my job to go back and do a PLC in nursing and suffer no grant as I already have a PLC. Then I would apply to NUIG but also wouldn’t get a grant as I have year one of a level 8 done so would have to pay 7k and no grant. But would get a grant from Year 2 on.

Other option is to go to the UK fees are paid, may get a bursary, it is 3 years as opposed to 4 but the only thing is employment. I believe in the uk it is better but pay is less but then again I don’t want to settle in the uk either. So im tied. I would miss my family but with flights these days its not too expensive to come home. Any advice on what to do?

Advertisement