Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging money on laser card in post office

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Lodged money onto my laser card in the post office yesterday, can anybody tell me how long it takes for the money to go into my account as I need to pay a bill asap? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

if its an aib account isnt it straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

godtabh wrote: »
    if its an aib account isnt it straight away?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Yes.

It's not. Lodgements are only processed at lunchtime and close of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thanks for the quick reply folks, lodged the money at 12.53pm yesterday. I had 4 euro in my account before lodgement then lodged 150 as my upc bill was 142. Tried paying yesterday at 5pm, online on the UPC website and it said my payment was rejected, but when I checked my bank balance it said I had 12 euro in my balance :confused:

What im wondering would it be possible that my payment to UPC went through even tho it said it was rejected? The website was down for a while before I payed my bill so maybe they just had technical issues:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's not instant at the moment, although it might be soon when AIB rollout more services to the post office network.

Typically, it seems to take a few hours. The An Post system must do the transactions in multiple batches during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

LeftBlank wrote: »
    It's not. Lodgements are only processed at lunchtime and close of business.

I lodge money in my AIB account at the Post Office every week and have done so for years. It's always been instantly available, have even checked via internet banking within 15 minutes and regardless of the time I lodged it, it can be morning or after 'banking hours' and the days vary from week to week, it's always been there. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I lodge money in my AIB account at the Post Office every week and have done so for years. It's always been instantly available, have even checked via internet banking within 15 minutes and regardless of the time I lodged it, it can be morning or after 'banking hours' and the days vary from week to week, it's always been there. :confused:

Same here its usually always instant and if not it only takes a couple of hours at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Same here, which is why I think it's run on multiple batches per day. It could send the transactions every few hours.

A lot of these systems aren't quite real time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

when i do that to my aib account i check my online banking after (live next door to post office) and it's there in 20-30 minutes .. no matter what time i lodge money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

For me it is always there within the hour, never longer. I was told the first time I did it that it would take an hour to show up in my ac so that's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

Is there a minimum u can lodge... Want to put in 20 to pay a bill wondering is that ok like minimum amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

liam12989 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum u can lodge... Want to put in 20 to pay a bill wondering is that ok like minimum amount

Thats grand. I have deposited around €2 before!

Advertisement