Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top three favourite bands that you discovered in the last three years

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Pixies- no explanation needed, legends.

And So I Watch You From Afar- Irish post rock-y madness

I'll eat your face- from Cork, inventors of "SUPERGRIND", some hilariously great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Cosmicfox wrote: »

Emilie autumn: Only artist in the victoriandustrial genre that she made up so far. She is a violin protege who has mixed classical music with industrial sounds using her electric violin and has songs filled with literary references to writers like Shakespeare and Tennyson. Most of her songs are about the suffering women faced in Victorian era asylums, abuse and revenge and can be heavy going. Havn't found anyone else quite like her.

you would probably like Rasputina...they started that genre

==============================

my three..

Scars (forgotten scottish band that support joy division and got ripped off by duran duran)

Bat4lashes

Grimes

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

^I've been listening to them for ages as well, really good band. They don't seem to be as heavy though.

Advertisement