Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sandwich in Dublin

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Right folks so I was thinking, everyone likes a nice sandwich now and again and if you dont you are just a plain liar :D So my question to you all is where and what is the best sandwich in Dublin? Now lets not include the franchise type sandwiches ie Subway, O'Briens etc as there is no real passion or personality to them sandwiches. So folks, what and where is the best sandwich in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm sure it's been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

What would you call a witch in the desert ???

A sandwitch.

bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

Pig & Heifer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Milanesa Cordobesa sandwich or Lomito Completo at Bon Diola, beside the 51 on haddington road.

Beef or Beef Milanesa with varying degrees of egg / cheese and possibly ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Believe it or not, the Sugar Loaf Bakery in Heuston Station (NOT the god awfully dry, dull one across the way) the staff are also super nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Mortons, Hatch Street (off Harcourt Street), quality sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Angel Park on Lower Mount Street (beside Howl at the Moon).

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

I'm still searching for a replacement for the old delicatessen that used to be beside independent pizza in Drumcondra. Only by chance did I mention it to my uncle a few weeks back and he agreed, it was his favourite sandwich shop around back in his teens and 20's...

OP i know you said we shouldn't, and I agree, they value quantity over quality, but a plain old ham and cheese toasty in O'Briens has been my choice of late and is very hard to get wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

breakfast sandwich in Honest to Goodness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Pig & Heifer
    McG wrote: »
    breakfast sandwich in Honest to Goodness.

Both great choices.

You need to put a half hour aside for a snooze after a Pig & Heifer sandwich though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I have bookmarked this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Baz_ wrote: »
    I have bookmarked this thread!

Haha same here.

Honest To Goodness is class but just a euro or two on the pricey side. Must check out the Pig & Heifer looks a bit more reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Honest To Goodness is class but just a euro or two on the pricey side. Must check out the Pig & Heifer looks a bit more reasonably priced.

If anything I always though the Pig & Heifer was more expensive. I've never compared and contrasted directly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Baz_ wrote: »
    Mortons, Hatch Street (off Harcourt Street), quality sandwich!

I'll second that. Mortons do smashing sandwiches.

This thread was done recently enough too; see below...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056719149

Pig & Heifer seems to be the resounding answer to the best sandwich in Dublin question.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Junior's in ringsend do amazing sandwiches Monday - Friday at lunchtime. The Chargrilled Chicken has to be the best sandwich I've tasted in Dublin - give it a go and you won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Woodstock in Phibsborough do amazing sambos

They are a little expensive but their triple decker sandwich is very satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

McChicken Sandwich in participating McDonalds throughout the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Pig & Heifer

Agree - used to be in that neck of the woods from time to time and the sandwiches were amazing. But.... they have absolutely no order or queuing system - it's a bit of a free for all!
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    Woodstock in Phibsborough do amazing sambos

They are a little expensive but their triple decker sandwich is very satisfying

Woodstock do gorgeous food in general. Their bacon & brie sandwich is beautiful, and their ploughmans with a slice of baked ham is smashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I went to the Pig and Heifer after reading this thread. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it wasn't great at all. Even below average. I got the hot beef, the pastrami looked good, might give it another go and have that

• Advertisement

725f21dbce758d30611bc70f0a884746.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

nbar12 wrote: »
    McChicken Sandwich in participating McDonalds throughout the country

Possibly funnier in your head.

+1 for the Food Room. Personal favourite was a club sandwich but swapping the normal chicken for tandoori chicken. Nom.

Pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dónal wrote: »
    +1 for the Food Room. Personal favourite was a club sandwich but swapping the normal chicken for tandoori chicken. Nom.

Pricey though.

If they do a good job I don't mind paying the price.

Cuisine de France baguettes have ruined rolls in Ireland. Really nice when fresh and crusty, but I reckon 1 in 20 are fresh. The other 19 are soft on the outside. But every bog standard shop used them.

Sergeant wrote: »
    Possibly funnier in your head.

wasn't trying to be funny. It's a genuinely nice sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I think I've been watching Man V Food and the likes too much, my expectation of sandwiches has gone through the roof and is completely unrealistic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Everything at The Pepper Pot and The Cake Cafe... but possibly the pear, bacon and cheddar sandwich at Pepper Pot is my favourite.

Also everything at Eastwood and Mays - daily changing roast in a roll nyommmm

Also Listons and Sheridans (yes they do sandwiches!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

They might not be the biggest or the trendiest, but the sandwiches in Simon's Place in George's St Arcade have my vote. The bread is fantastic and the filings are not mean but above all the quality is consistently good. Add a side of the Cauliflower Cheese salad and bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

Such a massive response of everybody thank you all so much as I will defiantly be trying all these places in the very near future :) Alot of places been mentioned but no one really has mentioned their favourite sandwich from the joints named? Tempted to go into town tomorrow just to get a sandwich :D First stop is The Pig And Heifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Have tried sugar loaf in Heuston and its fairly decent. Same with Superquinn in hsq. The mention of roast in a roll brings me back to Melbourne. A carvery roll. Roast meat joint, gravy, veg whatever you want in a roll. * Homer drool*

Advertisement