Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sandwich in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jontronix

Recently moved to the Blackrock area and am in love with The Wooden Spoon Cafe which is just opposite the DART station. Great big ciabatta's are stuffed with excellent quality ingredients. Lovely coffee as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Tried Dublin City Food - sadly with great expectations comes great disappointment :(

Had the pulled pork and the actual meat was lovely, but there really wasn't else on it besides the slaw (they've rectified the meat/slaw ratio fyi). Three slices of dry toast (the middle one is useless as it gets soggy) + kind of dry meat = very dry sandwich.

The Honest to Goodness Honest Start has saved my bacon a few times - it's my ultimate hangover sandwich... I also love the Beef it up, but I can never deal with the lunchtime chaos in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

YumCha wrote: »
    Tried Dublin City Food - sadly with great expectations comes great disappointment :(

Had the pulled pork and the actual meat was lovely, but there really wasn't else on it besides the slaw (they've rectified the meat/slaw ratio fyi). Three slices of dry toast (the middle one is useless as it gets soggy) + kind of dry meat = very dry sandwich.

The Honest to Goodness Honest Start has saved my bacon a few times - it's my ultimate hangover sandwich... I also love the Beef it up, but I can never deal with the lunchtime chaos in there!
    I can't believe you didn't like the pulled pork, I thought it was delicious! I tried Dublin City Food a couple of weeks ago (got the Rialto, pastrami sandwich) and I've been back three times since. Best sandwich I've had in Dublin anyway! Try the pastrami.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

The chicken fillet baguette from superquinn is really tasty and HUGE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I really want to go to Dublin City food, might grab a sandwich from them on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I've been to Dublin City Food twice now, after a recommendation from a friend. I have to go back again to get the pulled pork, it is perfection! The pastrami is excellent as well. I was also told about some of the specials and different soups they do all definitely will have me returning for more. Deffo worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned... the best sandwiches in the WORLD are in deli suz on blessington st - especially their weekly speciality sambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Donovans on Pearse Street..... Amazing!! Breakfast panini all the way! If you get egg, it's fried for you not this kept under a heater all day malarkey! And they get their pudding / sausages / rashers from the local butchers who has his own farm

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

might be heading outside the city a bit too much but if its a breakfast roll you seek... gers deli in ballyfermot is hands down the best on offer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Jontronix wrote: »
    Recently moved to the Blackrock area and am in love with The Wooden Spoon Cafe which is just opposite the DART station. Great big ciabatta's are stuffed with excellent quality ingredients. Lovely coffee as well.

+! for the Wooden Spoon, I meet a business contact in there every 2nd Friday and always look forward to their hot beef ciabatta or wraps, delish ! They also have some excellent homemade soups too. Staff are also really sound too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

Juniors sambos are unbeatable.... regulars such as chicken / hero are exceptional & the daily specials are a lottery for the tastebuds, all with delicious results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 karolw

At Pig & Heifer they do lovely sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Good selection of sandwiches here:
    http://lovindublin.com/dublin/top-10-sandwiches-dublin-try-die/

I'm definitely going to The Ugly Duckling, looks amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

karolw wrote: »
    At Pig & Heifer they do lovely sandwiches.

The Mile High is a good meaty, cheesy feed! They do some great sandwiches there.

There's a newly opened place on parnell st, right at the top of Marlborough St, near lucky duffys. It's called 147, and i had a sambo there on Friday. The reuben: corned beef, sauerkraut, pickle and swiss cheese.

It is honestly the nicest sandwich I've ever had. Pricey though. 6.50 on its own, or 7.50 with soup. The soup was animal too, in fairness, but you wouldn't be eating there every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

There's a new place on Harcourt Road. As cheap as O'Briens a couple of doors down and absolutely gorgeous. Can never remember the name, it's to the left of the soup place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I love Pig & Heiffer sandwiched but they need to sort out their opening hours and staff.
    They seem to only be open a short amount of time during the day and the staff are great and nice, but usually there's only 1 staff member for the whole place on. They make their sandwiches properly which takes time so the queue can be quite long with 1 person making them, taking payments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There's a new place on Harcourt Road. As cheap as O'Briens a couple of doors down and absolutely gorgeous. Can never remember the name, it's to the left of the soup place.

Noted for it's value alright :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

YumCha wrote: »

Had the pulled pork and the actual meat was lovely, but there really wasn't else on it besides the slaw (they've rectified the meat/slaw ratio fyi)
    They used to have plenty of meat in the sandwiches but gradually this reduced and last time I was there it was mostly slaw. It was bad enough that I felt it had become bad value and I stopped going as did nearly everyone else I knew - didn't want to be ripped off.
    Have they fixed this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

Declans deli on bolton street is definetly worth a mention, they do lovely sambos amongst other things and the portions are huge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm a big fan of Metro Cafe on South William Street. Their Lousiana Chicken is pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I'm going to try out the 147 on Parnell Street today, sounds amazing.
    Let's see if it can compete with the mile high from pig n heifer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Best value sandwich I've ever come across is in the Harcourt Hotel, they make it fresh in front of you and you can have anything you want in it, plus a lovely side salad and french dressing, the sandwich and a bowl of a choice of two home made soups is €4.95, and they provide pint glasses of water with ice as well. Fantastic lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Had the Reuben in 147, very very nice sambo, very hipster kinda place but good efficient order system, thank god someone was thinking about the process.....
    They also had a daily special of jerk mutton with coriander but i had set my sights on the Reuben so had to stick to the plan. Well worth a look though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Had an amazing sambo a few weeks ago in The Green Door bakery on Manor Street. Bread was super fresh and had ham, brie, salad and pear with cranberry relish. Need to go back...

Paid a visit to the Ugly Duckling in the epicurean food hall today. It's now top of my list for best sandwich in Dublin!
    Had a Po Boy and a Monte Cristo. Both amazing. About 12 sandwiches on the menu, definitely going back to work through the whole menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Cienciano wrote: »
    Paid a visit to the Ugly Duckling in the epicurean food hall today. It's now top of my list for best sandwich in Dublin!
    Had a Po Boy and a Monte Cristo. Both amazing. About 12 sandwiches on the menu, definitely going back to work through the whole menu!

What's in the Monte Cristo? Had the po boy myself on Thursday. Tasty!

What's in the Monte Cristo? Had the po boy myself on Thursday. Tasty!

2 slices of french toast used to sandwich ham and cheese. Thick and fluffy bread too, and proper baked ham, not the usual sliced stuff.
    Want to try the pulled pork, the beef and york and the hotdog. Guy bbeside me got the hot dog and it looked great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

PauloConn wrote: »
    I'm going to try out the 147 on Parnell Street today, sounds amazing.
    Let's see if it can compete with the mile high from pig n heifer

Which end of Parnell St is this on? The 'Welcome Inn' end? Or the Rotunda side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Which end of Parnell St is this on? The 'Welcome Inn' end? Or the Rotunda side?

Opposite the welcome inn.

Advertisement