Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sandwich in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Roast of a roll in Christophs in Smithfield (beside Jameson distillery exhinition center)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

The club from cafe aroma in the GPO arcade. Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Christoph's of Smithfiled roast in a roll is quality. have to agree the Pig and Heifer ones are surprisingly dry and very overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

The only sandwich I've ever had from there the bread was so dry and stale I was choking on it. Not been tempted to go back for round 2.

Favourite Dublin sandwich at the moment is the Cheese steak from 147. It's sandwich-human mixed marriage material.

Is it as nice as the Rueben?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The chargrilled chicken from Juniors is orgasmic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If another cnut in skinny jeans and an ironic mustache tries to serve me a pulled fcuking pork sandwich I'll shiit my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Good Food Kitchen on Gordon Street does an amazing baked ham roll. Just off barrow street.
    fussyonion wrote: »
    I hate how sandwiches have become all gourmet nonsense.

If you want to continue eating shíte, there's plenty of spars around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Currently for my money

147 leading the pack followed closely by
    Ugly Duckling
    Brother Hubbard
    Oxmantown
    Juniors chicken is so-so but not worth travelling for

The rest are a long, long way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

I just want to declare that I am still in love with Bondiola, especially now that they have a version of their steak sandwich with bacon.

Also Asador's lunch menu is nothing to sneeze at - had their open steak sandwich recently and it was pretty great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is it as nice as the Rueben?

I have yet to try the Rueben, for shame. Next time I'm in there though, even if I have to buy 2 sandwiches so that I can have the Cheese Steak too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I have yet to try the Rueben, for shame. Next time I'm in there though, even if I have to buy 2 sandwiches so that I can have the Cheese Steak too.

Had the cheese steak yesterday was nice but its the Rueben for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

O'Donovan's on Pearse Street (beside The Lombard Pub) is the best spot for proper Irish sandwiches and rolls. It's about as non-hip as it gets, and great value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

The brisket in Bakers Corner on Grand Canal Dock is v. good,possibly the best in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

O'Donovan's on Pearse Street (beside The Lombard Pub) is the best spot for proper Irish sandwiches and rolls. It's about as non-hip as it gets, and great value too.

"Proper Irish " sandwiches usually mean absolute **** to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

trellheim wrote:
    147 leading the pack followed closely by Ugly Duckling Brother Hubbard Oxmantown Juniors chicken is so-so but not worth travelling for

have you tried the green bench on Montague st? in my opinion they are better than 147..

trellheim wrote:
    147 leading the pack followed closely by Ugly Duckling Brother Hubbard Oxmantown Juniors chicken is so-so but not worth travelling for

have you tried the green bench on Montague st? in my opinion they are better than 147..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

stek wrote: »

Second that, lived and worked in Dublin city for over 10 yrs and eaten my fair of $hite sandwiches over the yrs but the Green Bench is most definitely top 3, if not no 1. Savage sandwiches with healthy fillings, can be queues but move quite fast and the salads are savage. Definitely a must if you're in the area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

do o'briens do vegetarian options ?
    I have 20% off with my student card and discount voucher

D33 wrote: »
    Second that, lived and worked in Dublin city for over 10 yrs and eaten my fair of $hite sandwiches over the yrs but the Green Bench is most definitely top 3, if not no 1. Savage sandwiches with healthy fillings, can be queues but move quite fast and the salads are savage. Definitely a must if you're in the area!

Can we change the title of this to 'Good sandwiches in Dublin city'..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

do o'briens do vegetarian options ?
    I have 20% off with my student card and discount voucher

Yeah, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Was gonna keep this to myself because I didn't want to have to wade through hoards of hungry boardsies every time I want a sandwich. I'm feeling generous with the nice weather though. The café in the Print Museum on Haddington Road has some of the freshest, tastiest sandwiches you can imagine and they're absolutely massive. You wouldn't know it's there but it's at the back of Beggars Bush Barracks. They're also reasonably price considering how big they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

You wont get a better sandwich than a 'Fried egg & cheese waffle sandwich'.

Best home-made sandwich in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

new bakers in Rathmines (orange tree I think) does a ham and brie sandwich with pear and cranberry (I think) - great sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 peter_utv

In zaytoon in temple bar the best sandwich in Dublin is called a Doner Kebab

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

just got a roast beef sandwich in Dublin City Food company/Saint. Not bad but not great either. The bread is fried in butter like a croque monsieur and which doesn't suit that type of sandwich. There wasn't a hint of horseradish in their mayo as promised either. Disappointing to say the least.
    Going to try green bench next, hopefully an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I had a seriously delicious sandwich from the Green Bench today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

What's the best sandwich you've had in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Meatball Subway with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and sweetcorn covered in southwest sauce obviously. Goes without saying really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Meatball Subway with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and sweetcorn covered in southwest sauce obviously. Goes without saying really

You forgot peppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I don't remember the place, and you may argue it wasn't in Dublin, but I was walking through Bray and went into a cafe, which I don't remember the name of, and had the most delicious sandwich I've ever tasted, if I remember correctly, it was a simple sandwich, just chicken, lettuce and tomato, but I haven't tasted a better sandwich since and I doubt I ever will.

Advertisement