Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sandwich in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If the best sandwich you can get in Dublin is from Subway. There's something majorly wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I have yet to find anywhere that uses Turkish bread, so the answer is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Meatball Subway with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and sweetcorn covered in southwest sauce obviously. Goes without saying really

do you buy the sweet corn in another shop and put it on yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Cafe Sol are the best sandwich chain. Unfortunately only present in limited area of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Camdon court hotel does nice ones...used to be better food on the menu though....they used to have better variety for mains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

There used to be sandwich place on Baggott Street called Bendini and Shaw. I think it was only in business for a few years. If there's ever been been a better sandwich shop in Dublin, I've not encountered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

The Reuben in 147 deli parnell street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Chicken Tijuana roll in Donovan's on Pearse St. It's an institution.

Closely followed by a Californian from the Pig and Heifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Try the Ugly Duckling in the Epicurean food hall. Go hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

http://lovindublin.com/best-of/top-10-sandwiches-dublin-try-die some great ones on that list. I'd probably add Bondiola on Harrington St, Honest to Goodness, Bibi's and definitely 147 on Parnell St.

Sandwiches in Dublin are at a whole different level these days. Lots of excellent options so there is no need to resort to Subway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Bolands sandwich bar on Duke Lane off grafting street. Lovely crispy rolls, doesn't use baguettes. Fab roll/sandwich with lots of fillings for around €4. Best value/taste in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Bit random, but the cafe in the National Library does really nice sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Jago's near Mount Street is topper. And their garden is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Had the po boy sandwich from Ugly Duckling in the Epicurean food hall.

Amazing feed!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Icefan

Poulet Bonne Femme inside Avoca on Suffolk Street.

Tried oxmantown today and went for their special which was black pudding sandwich with carmenlised apple cashel blue cheese and mustard mayo.

It was different and very enjoyable will be going back to try their steak sambo as I've heard it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭howiya

Had the po boy sandwich from Ugly Duckling in the Epicurean food hall.

Amazing feed!

Ugly Duckling have a second cafe open in Georges St Arcade. Always hated the trek to the epicurean even though it was totally worth it

howiya wrote: »
    Ugly Duckling have a second cafe open in Georges St Arcade. Always hated the trek to the epicurean even though it was totally worth it

Felt the same way. Will try the new spot next week some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Looks pretty stylish with the new branding and decor. Assuming that the menu is the same? They could do with longer opening hours too tbh. Many a time have I went to the epicurean and UD was closed up at 5.30pm.

11084276_396926237154388_2497248585027807940_n.jpg?oh=0f696d55dfe8bd5b741e84680b875fc9&oe=557C8E08&__gda__=1438365782_464e5c847d642f7fe9188058d98b2657

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm excited to try this Ugly Duckling.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

147 Deli on Parnell St is exceptional. By God they know their Reuben.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Passenger wrote: »
    Looks pretty stylish with the new branding and decor. Assuming that the menu is the same? They could do with longer opening hours too tbh. Many a time have I went to the epicurean and UD was closed up at 5.30pm.

11084276_396926237154388_2497248585027807940_n.jpg?oh=0f696d55dfe8bd5b741e84680b875fc9&oe=557C8E08&__gda__=1438365782_464e5c847d642f7fe9188058d98b2657

Went out there one time for a sandwich and the owner was closing up. Was gutted, cos I went to the epicurian especially. Wife went up and told him we went all the way into town especially to go to the ugly duckling, so fair play to him, he made me one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

147 Deli on Parnell St is exceptional. By God they know their Reuben.

Have to agree with this - noshalicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cienciano wrote: »
    Went out there one time for a sandwich and the owner was closing up. Was gutted, cos I went to the epicurian especially. Wife went up and told him we went all the way into town especially to go to the ugly duckling, so fair play to him, he made me one!

Just been to the ugly duckling. Had a Pitsburg. Won't have to eat till Monday ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

UD have a GrabOne for a €6 Sambo & Drink (Normally would run you ~€9.50).

Had the Po Boy today. It was grand but no way its worth €7.95 as advertised. 147 is waaaaay better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

cson wrote: »
    UD have a GrabOne for a €6 Sambo & Drink (Normally would run you ~€9.50).

Had the Po Boy today. It was grand but no way its worth €7.95 as advertised. 147 is waaaaay better imo.

Must say the Pitsburg was great value. First time I ever had a sambo and thought "I'll never finish that"... I was wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I had a Club Sandwich in the Brew Dock at BusAras on Friday. Once of the tastiest sandwiches I’ve had in years. It tasted like it was freshly cooked, there were chips inside the sandwich and a fried egg on top. So good I’m going back on Friday.

this is all anyone ever needs to know.

Junior's are pretty good too. The Club in the Brew Dock pisses over the competition (and I know my sandwiches)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ballyargus wrote: »
    this is all anyone ever needs to know.

Junior's are pretty good too. The Club in the Brew Dock pisses over the competition (and I know my sandwiches)
    Also available in the Black Sheep on Capel Street (both owned by Galway Bay brewery). Best sambo I've had in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

The club sandwich in the In Cahoots Cafe on Parnell St is very good (but does not come with chips).

Advertisement