Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sandwich in Dublin

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

The smoked pork neck sandwich done by 147 deli for the big grill is now a special on their menu.

Comes with chipotle slaw, crispy onions with a smoked bacon & jalapeño mayo.

Def up there as one of the best sambos I've had in dub.

Tried out the green bench on Montague St which is just off harcourt street.

They had a few lovely sounding options but when for their spicy pork bap that came with stuffing, carrot salad and aioli. Whopper of a sandwich and only 5.50.

Will def be back for more of their sambos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nobody beats the Green Bench. Try their brisket if it's on. Turkey is great too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The BBQ Pork in 147 Deli is delicious imo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's a few killer sandwiches in 147. I love the the Sausage and Rasher butty they do.

I've eaten in the Bakehouse in the CHQ building a couple of times recently. The hot meat sandwich changes every day but is normally really good. The stuffed pork one is superb. And the wedges that come with it are some of the nicest I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

New York Reuben in The Pig & Heifer does it for me. Love that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 otoolej2

O Donavans on Pearse street. Looks quite dingy from the outside but it cooks up a mean Breakfast bap.

otoolej2 wrote: »
    O Donavans on Pearse street. Looks quite dingy from the outside but it cooks up a mean Breakfast bap.

Heard of this place but haven't tried.

What else do they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 otoolej2

I've only had a breakfast roll/bap or some variant of it, but they do a good selection of other sandwiches and rolls. Its also quite cheap and has a real authentic Irish feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

O'Donovan's Tijuana Chicken Roll is an institution.

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    O'Donovan's Tijuana Chicken Roll is an institution.

jayz I'm hungry now.

They open weekends or just mid week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

jayz I'm hungry now.

They open weekends or just mid week?

Was just during the week in my time. Think a breakfast roll (the best I've ever had) was 3 euro and the Tijuana chicken 3.30 or something. The place has fed generations of science and engineering students in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Credo Club in Credo, just off Camden Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roscommmon1980

wong wrote: »
    Credo Club in Credo, just off Camden Street.

Not just good food but also good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

This might sound a little odd but the Cafe in the visitors centre in Glasnevin Cemetery does some really good sandwichs. They do a hot roast beef on sourdough with realish and dubliner cheder toasted that is No.1 in Dublin for me .

We live fairly close and often pop in for lunch on a Saturday even if it is a little bit odd.

This might sound a little odd but the Cafe in the visitors centre in Glasnevin Cemetery does some really good sandwichs. They do a hot roast beef on sourdough with realish and dubliner cheder toasted that is No.1 in Dublin for me .

We live fairly close and often pop in for lunch on a Saturday even if it is a little bit odd.

interesting. I'm closeby I may pop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I may have posted this before, but I've recently (again) had a roast ham, comte cheese, apple & celeriac slaw roll (on some sort of delicious strong sourdough baguette that makes me fear for my crown - my only quibble!) from Lilliput Stores in Stoneybatter, and it's hands down the best sandwich I've ever had in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Not just good food but also good prices

The girl that works in there at lunch time is very nice as well and is always smiling. And as you said. Great prices.

Credo club on flatbread and a can for 6 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

interesting. I'm closeby I may pop in.

Do it , you definitely wont regret it.

they also do some quality cakes and scones :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The Independent have done a 'Top 10 sandwiches in Dublin' article. I've only eaten in two of the places mentioned.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ireland/10-best-sandwiches-in-dublin-34816920.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The pic of the Pastrami Melt from P&H in that article doesnt do it justice at all.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    The Independent have done a 'Top 10 sandwiches in Dublin' article. I've only eaten in two of the places mentioned.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ireland/10-best-sandwiches-in-dublin-34816920.html

word on the street is that lobster roll from Klaw is tiny. Couldn't justify spending that much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

word on the street is that lobster roll from Klaw is tiny. Couldn't justify spending that much

They tend to be small in any Lobster place in Ireland. I was in Boston and they were massive!!!

I find most of the best sandwiches to be quite small in fairness. Nowhere near "Man vs. Food" territory here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Giblet wrote: »
    They tend to be small in any Lobster place in Ireland. I was in Boston and they were massive!!!

I had one in NYC and it was a similar size to the one in Klaw. It was cheaper, though. I do love the lobster roll from Klaw but it's a once every few months option when I'm feeling flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Ciaran_B wrote: »

147 is a great place. Different specials each week too. Great soup also.

Nice to have a decent place in Dublin 1, considering most seem to be on the Southside.

meltdown. spot next to pmacs serves good toasted samwiches packed full of cheese.

also honorable mention to poulet bonne femme

Advertisement