Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Sterling

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am travelling over to Cardiff this weekend and I'm looking for the best option re: euro to sterling.

Is there someone in Ireland who can give me excellent rates or should i just withdraw when i'm over in Cardiff?

Small amount €500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If you're going to Cardiff, then would suggest you wait until you're over then exchange. American Express offer good rates and are commission free as are M & S (if they have a BdC).

You can also go to An Post who exchange for sterling interest-free, but the rate won't be as good.

HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

just withdraw it as you need on your laser card from any cash machine.

You could spend hours shopping around for best rate and all you will save is a fiver or so - if even.

€500 will get you approx £380 - £385

Rate = 0.79 + 2.5% commission

Advertisement