Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any here on Beta?

• 21-08-2012 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.
    As the thread title suggests I am looking for some body who has played on MoP beta who might be able to help with my situation.

To keep it short and sweet i've been playing on and off since TBC but more off since Cata launched, I lost all interest in raiding and did some fairly casual pvp to see me through what limited time I spent playing.

There are a number of reasons I lost interest ranging from Real Life commitments, to friends leaving WoW to IT issues. Now with MoP about to be launched I am getting a sweet new laptop and getting back into wow.

The problem though is, I spent most of cata playing on my shammy doing pvp as ele and pve as resto. Before that I almost exclusively played holy paladin for TBC and WOTLK.
    Safe to say, casting/healing is my comfort zone, and I suck at melee.

Now I hear that shamans are again getting the short end of the stick is this true? For most of cata an average geared ele shaman with great skill was only performing on par with poor geared avarage players on other classes (rogue/mage)

I am looking to play a class that will have the option of dps/healer which pretty much leaves me to my pally or to make a druid , which of these two classes is currently performing best in beta. I am not entirely against having a dps main though if it was a caster I mention i.e mage/lock or even a hunter (love the pvp utility and if they're viable in pve then awesome sauce)

I know none of the numbers are final but some sort of insight from any body at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I'm not in the beta but i can see where your comming from.My main is also a resto/ele shammy and in this case its 50/50 where shamans are getting the short end of the stick.Unlike cata we'll be on par with the other melee/ranged dps'ers and our healing will still be second to none but as my hopes got high again I found out shammys will still not be able to tank,instead that will be giving to the new pandern monk.It's pritty much a cross between a pally and a shammy,with healing,dps and tanking.If you're looking for a ranged dps/healer I'd say stick with your shaman.I dps as an off-spec and I can sit back most of the time and slack my way through even the toughest boss fights,as for healing,I'm pritty much constantly on my toes although the same is for all healers who really got pissed about in cata.I might still be by far the hardest job in the game.The new monk class is said to be quite simular to the shaman in terms of healing and dpsing(melee) with the ability to tank,so if your looking for a cross between you're pally and shaman.that might be the class for you

Advertisement