Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How fast can i get my iPad replaced

• 21-08-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

I smacked my iPad 3 last week and its only two months old, ive been speaking to some great guys that fix the screens on here but with it being so new they are all advising ordering the replacement from apple.

Only issue i have is that im in Dublin and cant get to Belfast for next few weeks and i need my iPad back asap as i need it for work.

Anyone know of fast way of getting this fixed with apple, anyone that has any words of wisdom

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm getting an iPhone replaced with Apple at the moment so the times should be the same.

Called and arranged replacement on Saturday
    Box to send it off arrives tomorrow
    Send it off on Thursday
    5 working days to verify the problem
    Assuming a day to get it back to me using UPS

A long time...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dan82 wrote: »
    I smacked my iPad 3 last week and its only two months old, ive been speaking to some great guys that fix the screens on here but with it being so new they are all advising ordering the replacement from apple.

Only issue i have is that im in Dublin and cant get to Belfast for next few weeks and i need my iPad back asap as i need it for work.

Anyone know of fast way of getting this fixed with apple, anyone that has any words of wisdom

Thanks

Err, contact Apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I dont think apple will be too interested in replacing a screen that you smashed yourself, If the problem was a malfunction and you were under warranty speaking from my own experience I had a replacement product in 5 days. They might offer a fix for you, but will charge ~250, and I doubt the turn around will be as fast...

start here https://selfsolve.apple.com

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I dont think apple will be too interested in replacing a screen that you smashed yourself, If the problem was a malfunction and you were under warranty speaking from my own experience I had a replacement product in 5 days. They might offer a fix for you, but will charge ~250, and I doubt the turn around will be as fast...

start here https://selfsolve.apple.com

ive already spoke to them but the guy on the phone kept telling me to travel to belfast and giving me prices in sterling, it looks like 300 euro to replace but im wondering is there a faster way than wait two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

When it comes to screens, search for repair shops in Dublin, some may even do same-day services.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'm getting an iPhone replaced with Apple at the moment so the times should be the same.

Called and arranged replacement on Saturday
    Box to send it off arrives tomorrow
    Send it off on Thursday
    5 working days to verify the problem
    Assuming a day to get it back to me using UPS

A long time...

Ya its crazy we have to wait this time just cause we live in south of country, max it should be is a week turn around and if your will to pay extra for faster service this should be available too

dmcg90 wrote: »
    When it comes to screens, search for repair shops in Dublin, some may even do same-day services.

Spoke to a few guys on it but they are saying that with the dent that is on the device its better off getting replacement off apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

call typetec.ie

i think they are allowed to do replacements on ipads based on what they were telling me before.

Spipov wrote: »
    call typetec.ie

i think they are allowed to do replacements on ipads based on what they were telling me before.

they cant do any work on screens or damaged items as apple wont let them set up like this, appe dont make it easy

no they dont do work. they will swap the unit straight away. however, as this is not manufacturing fault, there probably is the price of a replacement that you may need to pay

• Advertisement

no they dont do work. they will swap the unit straight away. however, as this is not manufacturing fault, there probably is the price of a replacement that you may need to pay

i spoke to a girl in there office today and offered to pay for replacement and she said they cant do it as its against the deal they have done with apple

ah ok. well u tried then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

dan82 what is the specs of your ipad and how bad is the dent

massy086 wrote: »
    dan82 what is the specs of your ipad and how bad is the dent

its new 3g 16gig ipad3/new iPad, new screen needed and slight damage to bottom left of screen,

Why??

its new 3g 16gig ipad3/new iPad, new screen needed and slight damage to bottom left of screen,

Why??

well i was just thinking you couldn sell it on adverts say for 250 and then pay the balance and buy a new ipad

well i was just thinking you couldn sell it on adverts say for 250 and then pay the balance and buy a new ipad

i could i guess but who wants iPad with cracked screen for 250 euro?? itd be the perfect set up but cant see getting them offers I'm afraid, thanks for help:)

and i just checked there, its 599 for new one so id end up putting 350 euro with it for new one thats if i got 250, id really need to get 300 for it and id manage to buy new one then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I was missing mine a week. Not bad in fairness. I really hope they get an Irish store/official repair place soon though for official repairs

and i just checked there, its 599 for new one so id end up putting 350 euro with it for new one thats if i got 250, id really need to get 300 for it and id manage to buy new one then
    well if u put it up for 300 and say i bought the screen myself and fitted it screen is only 70 euro then i have a 600 euro ipad 3 for 370 not a bad deal i think

miralize wrote: »
    I was missing mine a week. Not bad in fairness. I really hope they get an Irish store/official repair place soon though for official repairs

its needed so badly, but its a long way off, i need my ipad for work over weekend, looks like im going to have to pay up for new one and lose out big time on funds

• Advertisement

well if u put it up for 300 and say i bought the screen myself and fitted it screen is only 70 euro then i have a 600 euro ipad 3 for 370 not a bad deal i think

thats true, i need something sorted by thurs this week as im away from friday, its just a complete pain at the minute, ive the rec and everything from comp b store in blanch where i picked it up so maybe its worth looking into, if anyone out there is interested let me know

thats true, i need something sorted by thurs this week as im away from friday, its just a complete pain at the minute, ive the rec and everything from comp b store in blanch where i picked it up so maybe its worth looking into, if anyone out there is interested let me know

well you have nothing to loose by putting up a free add on adverts stick firm on your price and it should sell i see on your other thread u can get a screen for 120 fitted. the only problem with that is your warranty will be void

well you have nothing to loose by putting up a free add on adverts stick firm on your price and it should sell i see on your other thread u can get a screen for 120 fitted. the only problem with that is your warranty will be void

yes thats where my worry is, after spending 599 on it less than 70 days ago i just dont want to mess with the warranty, i just cant get to belfast to sort it so if this doesnt work dont know what il do for the weekend,

if your really stuck is this any good to you http://www.ipadhire.ie/personal-rentals/ ?????????

if your really stuck is this any good to you http://www.ipadhire.ie/personal-rentals/ ?????????

that looks good but i need it from thurs till tues, thats 125 euro, id nearly be as well to buy new iPad in dublin and take the hit, learn my lesson and buy a defender case for next one and not loose out on all this money

http://www.appleservice.ie/ipad-repair-dublin.html

1 day turnaround they advertise

Still not under apple warranty I'm afraid

with a broken screen, i dont think you are going to be able to get a lot of places doing it with apple warranty.

try adverts i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Unless apple replace it your warranty will be gone

• Advertisement
Advertisement