Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infracted in airsoft adverts

Options
  • 21-08-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Can someone take a look at this for me please. i was infracted by Deburca and we both have differeing opinions of who's right and wrong here or maybe we both read the rules differently.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056716286

I posted a bump yesterday at 10.16
    I then answered a question at 13.52
    Today i bumped the thread at 11.36

the adverts rules state only one bump in a 24 hour period which is cool, to me i've adhered to that rule because the same rule says that answering a question within that 24 hours is allowed.

now the mod in question has said yes thats true but you bumped less than 24 hours since your last post. if thats the case and i have broken the rules does it not make the exception to the bump rule that is answering a question pointless?

does it also now not mean that if i cant post less than 24 hours since my last post be it a bump or an answer to a question then i can only answer 1 question a day?

I think the guy has jumped the gun here giving an infraction that was not warranted because its clear that I'm not bumping the thread to keep it at the top, i'm just bumping occasionally to tey shift some gear. the fact that i dont bump it every day is evidence enough to that.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll take a look at this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

cheers thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Right, quick look at the forum rules:
    You may not 'bump' sooner than 24 hours after your last post on the thread

It clearly states you cannot bump within 24 hours of your last post (note, not your previous bump) in the thread

Your bump post was clearly less that 24 hours after your post at 13.52 yesterday

There are 3 other another examples of you bumping less than 24 hours later in the thread (albeit only a few minutes in two cases, and in the other you dressed up the bump by stating the retail price). You made a total of 6 bumps in the thread, of which 4 contravened the "24 hour" rule. You also then went on to question the mod action in thread - you should simply have discussed it via PM

I can see no basis for overturning this infraction. Infraction upheld.

You may, of course, ask for an Admin to review this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

if i had previously breached the bump rule in the past i'm curious why i wasnt infracted then and its only an issue now? Posting the retail price wasnt dressing up a bump it was me trying to add information that i hadn't included in the original advert to highlight that i wasnt selling above retail for something and maybe enticing someone to purchase, the fact that someone responded would indicate that it did in fact work. but thats besides teh point, the previous bump had been almost 2 weeks previous so nothing was being dressed up. i would have through 6 bumps in 21 days isnt excessive its mild considering some of teh threads there.

I didn't so much as question him or have a stand out disagreemnt and i did PM the mod in question as it clearly states in that post. we PMs back and forth a few times but i felt it was getting nowhere which was why i came here

i guess my understanding of the rules is wrong so i'll just suck it up, thanks for looking into it

I guess you were given the benefit of the doubt on the other occasions, but the rule is quite explicit

Anyway, I think we can mark this one as resolved

Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement