Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a guitar can anybody help!

• 21-08-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, Im in the market for a new guitar but cant pick one. The choices are, Martin D-35, HD-28 or Gibson J-45 standard, Hummingbird pro vintage or Jackson Browne signature. Any input would be great. Already have two tak's. TF430ss lovely guitar but the action isn't great. ETN10c I love this guitar but there's something not quite right with it dont know what it is, shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

Can't go wrong with martin really,not too up on gibson acoustics however,if they are anything like the electrics they are spitting out now i'd steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smithfish

euddue wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with martin really,not too up on gibson acoustics however,if they are anything like the electrics they are spitting out now i'd steer clear.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

euddue wrote: »
    ...not too up on gibson acoustics however,if they are anything like the electrics they are spitting out now i'd steer clear.

Posts like these should be banned. They really don't get us anywhere and we've been seeing them for years and years, despite many people being immensely satisfied with their Gibson guitars.

Of all the guitars you've mentioned I'd go for the HD-28, or even just a D-28. Having played multiple examples of both I've found them all to be absolutely exquisite guitars. Whenever I buy myself a steel string it will be one of those.

I've tried a D-35, which I found excellent too, as well as a J-45, which I was less impressed by simply because I prefer the neck profile of the above Martin guitars.

The best thing you can do is head into Dublin city centre as you should have no problem finding high end Martins in Perfect Pitch and Music Maker and Gibson acoustics in Waltons. Give them a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Posts like these should be banned. They really don't get us anywhere and we've been seeing them for years and years, despite many people being immensely satisfied with their Gibson guitars.

He asked for an opinion and i gave an opinion,i'm not going to get into a gibson bash argument with you but i'd advise you to strip a gibson guitar and you'll see new gibsons are inferior to many guitars in the same price range and slightly lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smithfish

Ravelleman wrote: »

Of all the guitars you've mentioned I'd go for the HD-28, or even just a D-28. Having played multiple examples of both I've found them all to be absolutely exquisite guitars. Whenever I buy myself a steel string it will be one of those.

I've tried a D-35, which I found excellent too, as well as a J-45, which I was less impressed by simply because I prefer the neck profile of the above Martin guitars.

The best thing you can do is head into Dublin city centre as you should have no problem finding high end Martins in Perfect Pitch and Music Maker and Gibson acoustics in Waltons. Give them a try!
    Cheers, you sound like you know what your talking about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement