Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you watch a match?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

So "How do you watch a match?" turned into "Which is better Live or TV?".

I just watch the match and enjoy it. Don't care about what someone else gets or doesn't get out of it. That kind of anxiety or snobbery can ruin any experience, from reading literature to listening to music.

Personally, I can see advantages to being at the match and advantages to just watching the coverage at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

My crappy attention span usually means it mostly passes me by, but if i'm particularly interested in it and like what i'm seeing i pick up on the finer points, for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I think a constant diet of only watching games on television will affect your ability to analyse the game to it's full extent. If you watch games live, you will have a better understanding and get more out of the ones you watch on television. Nothing wrong with a mix of both.

As for commentators on TV, I've managed to block them out while I'm watching and treat it like white noise. I never listen to the pundits at HT or FT. I know what I saw and don't need anyone to tell me differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I notice that Sky have been lowering the main camera at a few stadia in the UK over the last few years.
    This seems to be to accomodate for 3D which requires a lower camera position but it gives an inferior view of the pitch for 2D.

I watched the first half of the Everton v United game in 3D. I couldn't see what was happening down the far corners. The camera angle is terrible!
    Because the way the pub is set up, you can also see it in 2D from your seat and I could see that the camera feeds are different. 2D is definitely at a much better angle and far easier to watch.

The only sport I'll happily watch in 3D is golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I don't go to football matches because I refuse to pay the money for LoI games.
    I do however attend GAA matches and as the games are quite similar(formations, off the ball runners etc.) I'd definitely say watching games in person is far superior to watching them on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Felexicon wrote: »
    I don't go to football matches because I refuse to pay the money for LoI games <SNIP> .

Stopped reading here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

BOHtox wrote: »
    [joke]
    "I watch my favourite team every week on the tele, do you?"

"I go to the games and support them"

"oh"
    [/joke]

Jesus Christ!

Advertisement