Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing a lease for a couple if only one is present?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I just had a question, and maybe I could put it to some of you wiser heads. It's about signing a lease (we are renting). Myself and the Girlfriend will be looking for somewhere new to move to in October. However, there is a serious illness in her family, so she's gone back home to the states to help out, and may not be back until November now. We still intend to move.

My question is - would there be any significant problem in me signing a lease for a new place without her being there to sign it too? Or could she sign it when she gets back? Or is a lease just signed in one persons name and that's ok even if two people live there together?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks all.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

You don't need a second person to sign a lease if two people live there *apparently* !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Augmerson wrote: »
    You don't need a second person to sign a lease if two people live there *apparently* !

If the lease can be emailed to your partner she can print it off, sign it and get it witnessed, post it to you and you do the same, then you hand it over.

No big deal.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrsMOOO

If you can get the lease get her to sign it and you can sign it them also, the is no need for her to be present to sign it :)

Advertisement