Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting at IADT

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I got accepted to do AVMT in the college and I'm wondering when do we recieve more information about when we actually start, what we'll need etc.? Also, looking for FUN people to possibly share accomodation with ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kmc_

I'm also starting, excited but nervous about it as I know no one! :P oh well, we'll all make friends soon. *hopefully*
    Looking for accommodation too, need to get it quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 liaobrien

I'm starting this year too! I'm doing Business & Arts Management, what about everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dstev22

My mate who i am going to college with is doing that course too ! so im sure youll meet him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Nippleh

I'm doing AMVT too! I don't know when we're starting or anything though :/ Still looking for a place to stay..!

ive been looking all day and ive been finding pretty decent places but theyre all a one year lease meaning id be paying for it in the three months of summer im not there.. unless i get a job and stay there for the summer.. i just dont know what to do ! D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 liaobrien

I'm pretty sure we start on the second week of September which is like the 10th :)

yeah our induction week starts on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

dstev22 wrote: »
    yeah our induction week starts on the 10th.

what happens during induction week

apparently you just register and get shown around the college.. pretty much a doss

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calcifer88

Jesus Christ! the 10th!? , man that is early .. got to sort a house out asap!

• Advertisement

exactly the thought i had earlier ! haha spent aaaaaall day looking !

O how I envy those cushy bastards who live up there and just commute!:mad:

i dont mind, im glad to be getting away from my town if im hoest ! :)

O I very much feel the same way, ..although:rolleyes: I wish I could live up there for free!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MollyAGoGo

myself an another girl going into first year are looking for a house in Dun Laoghaire at the momento! looking for another roomate who's good craic and loves an alcoholic beverage :) if any of you's are interested drop me a line! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EoinDM

Hey guys!

So I'll try to address some of the questions in this thread.
    1. All info on registering is in the post and on the way to you as far as I know!
    2. Induction week starts Monday the 10th, and Fresher's week (the more important one!) starts Monday the 24th.
      Induction week is where you meet your lecturers, find out your classes and timetable, the plan for the year, the services in IADT, the tour of the campus etc.
      Fresher's week is the 'social' week - parties, gigs, events, free stuff. It's all very top secret right now.. but you'll find out all the details soon enough.
    3. Accommodation: check out Daft.ie for places around Dun Laoghaire. We also have a FB page where people post when they're looking for people to share with http://www.facebook.com/iadtaccomodation
    4. Don't forget to search for more than just Dun Laoghaire. The Dun Laoghaire township area is huge - all the towns around IADT kind of mold together so they're some times named differently. For example within 100metres of the IADT campus the house could be listed as being in Dun Laoghaire, Monkstown, Ballybrack, Killiney, Deansgrange, Cabinteely, Sallynoggin, Blackrock, Glenageary.. the list is endless! Just make sure it's within walking distance or on the bus route - Dublin Bus: 84/145/45 - and most preferably the 46a & 75 (leaves you right outside the college gate!). GoogleMaps is a handy tool to gauge distances and routes to the college!
    5. I commute from home every day - would much prefer to move out. Count yourselves lucky!!

Hope this helps, if there's anything else just give me a shout!

- Eoin (IADT Student Union)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

you like iadt? whats best about it ;) haven't even been to an open day and im going

• Registered Users Posts: 2 warshy18

hey there, just seen your post, im starting in senior college dun laoghaire in September, im going up on my own and know nobody living south side, so looking for other people to live with, Just wondering were you still looking for someone else to share, would be well up for banter and beer! :) let me know either way!

i think ive got it sorted now man, sorry about that :)

I on the other hand warshy, am still looking abouts o.o If you find a place and need to share rent, hit me up!

• Advertisement

anyone here still looking for accommodation !?

Yup, me over here :/

Anyone else on here starting there first year in Model making,design and digital effects? So far it looks like it's just me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 turneep

Calcifer88 wrote: »
    Anyone else on here starting there first year in Model making,design and digital effects? So far it looks like it's just me! :(

I will be as well. Looking forward to it! Feel free to send me a PM if you don't wanna go in knowing no one ha!

anyone here starting 1st year AVMT ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ailish92

If yer still lookin for accomodation id advise digs ,theres absolutley nowhere in dun laoghaire to rent for students at the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mndmcd

english media and cultural studies anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheBrauneisen

dstev22 wrote: »
    I got accepted to do AVMT in the college and I'm wondering when do we recieve more information about when we actually start, what we'll need etc.? Also, looking for FUN people to possibly share accomodation with ! :D

Also looking for accommodation! 1st year starting applied psychology. Anyone interested let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheBrauneisen

MollyAGoGo wrote: »
    myself an another girl going into first year are looking for a house in Dun Laoghaire at the momento! looking for another roomate who's good craic and loves an alcoholic beverage :) if any of you's are interested drop me a line! :)

Yeah I'd be interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Mhersee1

liaobrien wrote: »
    I'm starting this year too! I'm doing Business & Arts Management, what about everyone else?

I'm starting Business and Arts Management too!
    So nervous

Advertisement