Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to cancel my account

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi there, sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere but I am moving house to one where there is already an account in place so I need to cancel my own account from the end of September. Could you let me know who I need to contact for that? I tried the phone line today but it got a bit confusing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi baby and crumble,

If you are moving address and you are to be the named account-holder at the next address, it would be required that you move your existing account to the next address, as customers cannot take over an account. They are required either to open a new account or transfer an existing account.

If you wish to close your account, just send me by private message your Electric Ireland account number (confirming that you are the named account-holder), your name/address/telephone number (as on the account) and a final meter reading, and the account closure can be processed for you. Just to advise also: a closed account can be re-opened by the named account-holder in the future.

Regards :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again baby and crumble,

This link on our website also offers info on moving address.

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PrpleStuffdWrm

I just moved out of my place and need to close the account also, as someone else is taking the ESB in the house I'm moving into this year... I threw out all the bills before I knew it was the only place to see the account number, I kept the connection letter assuming all the info would be on that. So i was wondering if there was anyway to work out how to get the Account number with all these other details, MPRN and such. I'm already aware this is a stupid set of circumstances and I apologize in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi PrpleStuffdWrm,

Not to worry, I'll be able to find your account number very easily - just PM me the following info:
    • Your full name and the address of the property (and the MPRN if you have it - this would be on the ESB Networks connection agreement letter, page 2 as far as I'm aware)
    • Your contact number and date of birth (for account security)
    If you already have the final meter reading I can close the account for you too.

Regards.

David.

Advertisement