Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Date in Dublin ~ suggestions...

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I have a date coming up on Thursday and was wondering where in Dublin city centre would be ideal for lunch? Suggestions on a post card please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Fumbally cafe in Dublin 8 is a super funky space with great food. I work right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

How about tapas? Somewhere like Havana on Georges St. Nice place and the tapas is a good food to have for a date, different foods give something to talk about and its a nice relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

christeb wrote: »
    Fumbally cafe in Dublin 8 is a super funky space with great food. I work right beside it.

Where? In Londis? ;)

Heard about the Fumbally, but never went there yet. But what about the Olive Cafe? I think, they do small lunches as well, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Mongolian Bbq in temple bar would be fun for a date, cheap and cheerfull, great food, you pick your own meat, vegtables, spice and sauces and the chef cooks in front of you ! Nice atmosphere and you dont have to worry about your date being a fussy eater!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

christeb wrote: »

I've heard a lot about that place. Must check it out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

gillapino wrote: »
    Mongolian Bbq in temple bar would be fun for a date, cheap and cheerfull, great food, you pick your own meat, vegtables, spice and sauces and the chef cooks in front of you ! Nice atmosphere and you dont have to worry about your date being a fussy eater!

I don't like this place myself. I think it's expensive for what you get and it's difficult to make anything nice from all the ingredients on offer. And a poor atmosphere in the place in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Port House on South William St. - really cosy, and they have an amazing lunch deal of 2 tapas plus a drink (including wine!) for 10 euro... been there a couple of times on date type things and it's been great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

chris85 wrote: »
    How about tapas? Somewhere like Havana on Georges St. Nice place and the tapas is a good food to have for a date, different foods give something to talk about and its a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Used to love this place - but last 3 times I have been the food as been poor, probably worse each time

Its a shame, as it was a great spot

They seem to reheat almost everything now, which I guess is ok if it was prepared that day, but the food we have got there tasted a long way off food prepared the same day

Service has also gone downhill a lot in my opinion - but again, it used to be super

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JimboJones74

Green 19 on Camden Street - good food and reasonable prices.
    Always enjoyed it anytime i went there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It would probably help a bit if you stated how much you were willing to pay and what part of the city would be preferable.

Camden Kitchen is fantastic but might be a bit out of the way - they do a great deal for lunch.

Pearl Brasserie also do a good lunch deal.

Downstairs in Fallon & Byrne could be nice and casual though you'd need to get there early to get a seat.

The Exchequer just across from F&B does a nice lunch too.

Odessa is nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cabaret

Money is no obstacle. Just kidding. Looking for somewhere around St. Stephen's Green / Grafton Street area. Pub grub food is fine for a first date isn't it??? I'm way out of touch with this dating malark lol

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I don't like this place myself. I think it's expensive for what you get and it's difficult to make anything nice from all the ingredients on offer. And a poor atmosphere in the place in my opinion

Expensive? really? 5euro for one trip up or ten euro for unlimited trips up, i'd hardly call that expensive! Its all about trial and error in finding what you like and dont like thats the fun part! +1 to the Port House, been to the one in Dundrum, really nice inside, would also be great for a date, nice food and good value!

Used to love this place - but last 3 times I have been the food as been poor, probably worse each time

Its a shame, as it was a great spot

They seem to reheat almost everything now, which I guess is ok if it was prepared that day, but the food we have got there tasted a long way off food prepared the same day

Service has also gone downhill a lot in my opinion - but again, it used to be super

Really? Havent been there in a while. Last time was probably the start of this year. Food was lovely then but service was not as good as I usually experience in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

I like Boulevard cafe on Exchequer st or maybe Gotham cafe on South Anne St?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Camden Kitchen is fantastic but might be a bit out of the way - they do a great deal for lunch.

This place is fantastic

(on the site of the old havana just off camden st)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cabaret

Is Eddie Rockets an acceptable place to go on a first date???? That's where I have decided on???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

cabaret wrote: »
    Is Eddie Rockets an acceptable place to go on a first date???? That's where I have decided on???

You could probably do better if you want to look a bit more sophisticated, If you're after burgers hit up Jo-Burger there in town near georges arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 little lamb

I would not even agree to go into ER with you why would you choose there when there are tons of so much better places to lunch and cheaper than that place

Manuva wrote: »
    You could probably do better if you want to look a bit more sophisticated, If you're after burgers hit up Jo-Burger there in town near georges arcade.

+1 on Jo Burger. Or the Counter on Suffolk St, you basically design your own burger when ordering, could be a good talking point there to break the ice a little.

Eddie Rockets is not an option would even consider. Not exactly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

city link to galway and out to salt hill :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you're 15 maybe, but no not impressive looks unimaginative and cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I wouldn't go to eddie rockets on a date. If you're looking for burger food then I'd suggest The Counter on Suffolk St. Nice food and as mentioned you can create your own burger. You can try some odd combinations and have some fun. They sell some alcohol too and some damn tasty "adult" milkshakes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

+ 2 for the Port House, ideal for a date

Is Eddie Rockets an acceptable place to go on a first date????

Not acceptable

Advertisement