Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] What's changed?

• 21-08-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭

Whats been happening?

I've been looking to get back into Eve online. haven't been there since they first released the whole character editing. (that was over a year)

What majorly has changed since?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Merger wrote: »
    Whats been happening?

I've been looking to get back into Eve online. haven't been there since they first released the whole character editing. (that was over a year)

Things are more expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Whats been happening?

They've changed the ship models of some tech 2 frigs. Changed the shading/colouring of a lot of tech 2 ships. New visuals for missiles. New inventory. All little things. Nothing too major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The main mining barge is now the Mackinaw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

cian1500ww wrote: »

Next years gona have to be renamed to Mackgeddon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

So let's go over the last few years -

- We have titans becoming mobile fire platforms which could kill frigs even with some transversal (nerfed somewhat)
    - Super Carriers HP lowered, Drone bay shrank and cannot use normal drones only fighters and fighter bombers
    - Assault Frigs buffed, T1 Frigs buffed, Destroyers buffed.
    - Tier 3 Battle-cruisers - Battle-cruisers that can fit Battleship guns, can be fragile but pwn face
    - Log off mechanics changed, now if you are aggro'd and are logged off and someone continues to aggro you then you stay there forever until 15 minutes pass with no aggro
    - TiDi , so they've introduced a system now where if the system starts taking high load the time slows down to a certain percentage to compensate. Basicly it's bullet time. So no more jump in, don't load. Now it loads VERY SLOWLY for everyone.

I'm sure I'm missing more but anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Didn't the mechanics of War change too?
    You can call for assistance, the price increases incrimentally for each assiting corp and corps can't leave an alliance to escape a war anymore, the war follows them.

They also introduced Ancillary shield boosters, you feed cap boosters directly into the shield boosters. (majorly over powered)
    Adaptive armour hardners which change resistance depending on the type of damage being received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

cian1500ww wrote: »

WHAT!!! Your kidding me!? The Ice mining barge?! Wow thinks have changed. Better re activate my account and get going. Also did I hear something about a introduction of a another ore class mining rig?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

WHAT!!! Your kidding me!? The Ice mining barge?! Wow thinks have changed. Better re activate my account and get going. Also did I hear something about a introduction of a another ore class mining rig?!
    Yep, it now has better yield than the Hulk plus it has a 35000m3 ore bay which was added to reduce the need for can mining I think. The new mining rig isn't out until the winter expansion but I think it's more for players who haven't trained for the barges.

The mining changes are supposed to have brought down mineral prices but I'm not sure if that's the case, I haven't been keeping an eye on the mineral markets at all lately. Also, the cost of manufacturing a number of barges has increased sharply, the procurer and the retriever particularly, which allowed some of us to make a nice profit on some pre-patch barges that we stocked up on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Awesome stuff! =]

I wonder if my Guild is still active.

Brilliant I was a miner had all 3 rigs and also a Rorqual. Wow I hope they are there. Logged off soo many months ago!

Advertisement