Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Card - Debit Card

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I currently have a current account with just an ATM card (I cancelled my credit card last year). I was wondering if the ATM cards are being replaced by the Visa Debit cards, or will I still be using my ATM card?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Antodeco,

Thanks for your question.

At the moment, Laser Cards that are reported lost or stolen are been replaced with Visa Debit Cards.
    There is a replacement fee of €5.90 for this.

All Laser Cards will be replaced with Visa Debit by the end of September.
    After this, we will be replacing standard ATM Cards with Visa Debit.

If you wish to upgrade your standard ATM Card to Visa Debit before the rollout, you can visit your branch and fill out an application form.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks Billy. I think I will do that. I have an Ulster Bank Debit card that I have to keep transferring money across to, so having a Visa Debit on my salary account (dangerous! :) ) would be a lot handier.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

Hi Antodeco,

Thanks for your question.

At the moment, Laser Cards that are reported lost or stolen are been replaced with Visa Debit Cards.
    There is a replacement fee of €5.90 for this.

All Laser Cards will be replaced with Visa Debit by the end of September.
    After this, we will be replacing standard ATM Cards with Visa Debit.

If you wish to upgrade your standard ATM Card to Visa Debit before the rollout, you can visit your branch and fill out an application form.

Thanks

Billy

has the roll out of replacing standard atm cards started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi jos22,

We have already completed the automatic replacement of our customers’ Laser and Cirrus (ATM) cards with Visa Debit cards. If you didn't automatically receive a replacement as part of the roll-out, please conatct your branch or Banking365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to look into it for you.

You can find more information here.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

Hi jos22,

We have already completed the automatic replacement of our customers’ Laser and Cirrus (ATM) cards with Visa Debit cards. If you didn't automatically receive a replacement as part of the roll-out, please conatct your branch or Banking365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to look into it for you.

You can find more information here.

Thanks
    Pat

grand I called in and one is now being ordered

• Advertisement
Advertisement