Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

med entry

Options
  • 21-08-2012 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi I was wondering if there was anybody who wanted to buy the premium package with me for med-entry as part of a group discount. it seems crazy to be paying €570 when you could be paying €350 with the discount.

Let me know ASAP if you're interested :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Presume (s)he means this, it's a HPAT prep course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 craig9494

The med-entry is a hpat preparation course consisting of online material and also a two day prep course. There are two packages standard and premium, but the standard doesn't contain the two day prep course. The premium course costs €570 if you buy as an individual, but you can get a group discount if at least one other person joins with you. The cost is then €350 per person. Are ye still interested in it

If ye are pm me asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chloe_dalton_

hey there- i've been looking for someone to do the ******** course with me to save the money, if you still are SNIP and we can get in touch!

mod-edit: please don't post personal email addresses here. you can use the pm function to contact others

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1995Niamh

hey there- i've been looking for someone to do the ******** course with me to save the money, if you still are SNIP and we can get in touch!

mod-edit: please don't post personal email addresses here. you can use the pm function to contact others
    I'm interested in booking for the December course if you are thinking of going then? I would love to ge tthe discount as i agree that 570 is far too expensive! Looking to book asap so let me know whenever you see this if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mocker2012

So I'm going to go to the Galway course on the 30th and 31st October. I'd really like to save 220 euro so please send pm if you want to aswell. I'm pretty sure all we do is put each others names down on the application to get the discount.So easy to save money!! And we dont have to go to the same course!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mocker2012

craig9494 wrote: »
    hi I was wondering if there was anybody who wanted to buy the premium package with me for med-entry as part of a group discount. it seems crazy to be paying €570 when you could be paying €350 with the discount.

Let me know ASAP if you're interested :confused:

Yes!! I've sent you a PM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kool12

mocker2012 wrote: »
    Yes!! I've sent you a PM!!
    i saw that you are doing a med entry course for the hpat ... i wanted to do it too and need some one elsee to join me to get the discount if you have already signed up is there any chance i could use ure reference to get the discount cause its just going to go to waste other wise please get back to me as soon as possible cause i reallly to book and start practicing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Brokk

yes im interested in the hpat med entry course!!! pm me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Any one need a partner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LaurannLC

cian casey wrote: »
    Any one need a partner ?

Yes! Group is already made, with me and my friend in it. If you PM me I'll send you my details. I thought it was just two people necessary til now whoops :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 damfam

hi, could I please join a group? I was hoping to enrol in the December ******** course in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LaurannLC

damfam wrote: »
    hi, could I please join a group? I was hoping to enrol in the December ******** course in Dublin

You can join mine if you want, PM and I'll send you the group leader details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nutsnbolts

hey does anyone want to form a group to get the discount, or already have a group they wouldn't mind me joining?

do you know if we have to attend the same course? am hoping to go to the one in Galway in the new year (jan 4th i think)

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 locarush101

hey! I'm trying to get the Pre Med Premium Package- I'm thinking of doing the two day course in February 16-17 in Dublin, Griffith College so if anyone's interested in joining a group or is forming one, pm me and let me know within these few days !!!! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ruthiecahill

Hi locarush101,

R u still looking for someone to get group discount for Med Entry, or did u get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crispyhowler

I am interested in joining a discount group for ******** if anyone is looking for people

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ruthiecahill

I just PM'd u crispyhowler!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

Sorry to start this topic again, I'm going into 6th year this September and I'm looking to do the ******** platinum package. Just wondering, you guys that done it, did it help with your HPAT? Did you all get to study medicine? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 locarush101

Speaking from personal experience, I found that the platinum package was great in regards to providing you with plenty of practice questions. I did the HPAT twice-
    Surprisingly, I did worse the second time round. The first time, I did the course in the Independent Academy which was helpful but there wasn't as much practice questions to work from as the package.
    I also got the ACER exam papers which helped to work through and get an idea of what it is like. Practice timing yourself, focus on your weakest sections, learn your vocabulary ( emotions, feelings because if you don't know their meanings.. you'll have a difficulty in section 2 with answering), section 3 pretty much consists of five main techniques, once you know them- you'll do well. Section 1 is very mathematical- so even try doing puzzles and problem solving on the side to help you.

Spend 30 mins- 1 hour a day and increase amount of time coming closer to the exams.

The second time I bought this package- it is expensive but worth the money and you get a two day seminar alongside it. Probably the best deal out there for preparation.
    But like I said, I did worse so I think- although you can improve- it is all down to luck and how apt you are for it initially.

In school, I was a high achiever and academic( I got a very high Leaving Cert) but I guess the HPAT just wasn't for me. If you want to know what i got was//// 1st time- 140.... second time....120 which is VERY low, I know. But I really hope you do well and get over 200.

In my opinion, I think this HPAT is a lot of BS( pardon my French) but a significant amount of people aren't getting Medicine and flaking out on spending a lot of money on this exam that doesn't define whether you're good enough or not.

Also- make sure it is really what you want!!!- You have to really want it. I will tell you- the course I am doing right now is more or less similar to Medicine but perhaps not as intense but let me tell you- it is sooooo difficult and a lot of hard work.

You have to be prepared to work your ass off and the work load increases every single year( it is not even the level of difficulty that contributes to this but the VOLUME of information you have to take in) Be prepared for 5-6 years of this. It will be rewarding though.

Medicine is a great course and career, I know some medicine students- they love it. I think- if it's for you then go follow your dreams- trust your gut instinct. UCD is an amazing college, that's where I'm based , I love it but I think Trinity and other universities that have Medicine are great too.

If you don't get it- it's not the end of the world- there is the GAMSAT and Graduate Entry.. which is incredibly expensive- but you can apply to England etc. as well. There are other options- always.

Explore all your options that are available to you.

Talk to medicine students, ask them how it is like. If it's destined to be, it is. If not, you can either fight for it or move on.
    Just make sure you're following your heart.

Advertisement