Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs for Online Marketing - Agencies

Options
  • 21-08-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I know there are lots of business owners here who have probably thought about getting some help with their online marketing (AdWords, SEO, etc) in the past. Right now, I am looking to find online marketing companies / agencies which reference their fees / rates on their websites.

Does anyone know of any? I am just doing some Google searches on different relevant terms, but not finding anything just yet.

Are there are any companies you've come across which show their rates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There are tons of companies and individuals offering such services but like most professional services they do not advertise a price per job. In fairness to them, it is a bit like how long is a piece of string?. What and how many markets countries do you want to hit? How good or bad is your existing site for SEO.
    I have been through what you are talking about with some B2B sites and like most things in life, you need to educate yourself on the topics or else you could be raped, like an innocent abroad. I would suggest three simple things to do:

1. Buy the latest version of SEO for Dummies and read it!
    2. Log on to Google AdWords and do the tutorials and do mock campaigns to see the costs and how it all works. It is pretty intuitive and easy to use.
    3. You should know more about your industry buzz words, target markets and potential customer preferences than any outside service provider. Use this knowledge.

SEO and online advertising along with site upgrades and web design are constant ongoing tasks and thus require constant monitoring and action. You will use your new learning on a weekly basis, so it is a great investment.

On the wider issue of your web design, SEO should be imbedded at design stage unless it is DIY job. You may have issues to fix on this front.

I have recorded my own experiences in this area plus facebook advertising in a couple of published articles, if you PM me I will send you the links.

To finish on a positive note, most of it is bleedin' obvious once you start to understand how it actually works. Despite what the service providers might have you believe, there is no black art needed.

Good luck

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

riveratom wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I know there are lots of business owners here who have probably thought about getting some help with their online marketing (AdWords, SEO, etc) in the past. Right now, I am looking to find online marketing companies / agencies which reference their fees / rates on their websites.

Does anyone know of any? I am just doing some Google searches on different relevant terms, but not finding anything just yet.

Are there are any companies you've come across which show their rates?

I think they dont show rates as they look at you business specifically & see what needs to be done.
    I am web based only & got 4 quotes recently & while i am not an expert on seo's backlinks,dead links , social media or blogging, i could tell 2 of the companies were spoofing me as their replys were very generic & i got it down to 2. One in ire & one in uk
    Went with uk person & got him down from stg200 per month to stg130 as quite frankly it is all i could afford.
    The other companies quoted from €200-€400 per month .
    My choice went down to my confidence in the company. I
    Might note i have had dealings with uk person for quite some time.
    I know he wants to help me & help me suceed. It makes sense for him too as i will continue to give him my business if i do stay on track.
    I think an seo/marketing person is like a mechanic / doctor-you really need to have faith & trust them
    I have just started my campaign and will look to the next 6 months closely for results
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement