Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I want to give the theory test and I need some help.

Options
  • 21-08-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am 19 and I have finally decided to study for the theory test. In the previous (back to back over a week) 15-20 test I have gotten 36-39 questions right.

I am not sure I am ready for the test though. I have been studying in the 2011 CD and I don't know how different the 2012 CD is. I am too cheap to buy a new CD (got the other off a friend.) If anyone here knows if there is much difference between the 2011 and 2012 CD's would you kindly let me know? I would appreciate it a lot. Should I buy the 2012 CD?

I also would like to know how different the actual test is from the practice test I have been doing. If it is the exact same as the practice I think I can pass. If not I do not want to book the test now.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I presume you have the 4th edition CD and the current edition is 5th.

I myself had both CDs (4th and 5th) and the questions in them are quite different.

The 4th edition has multiple answer questions worded differently where as the 5th edition has one answer questions.

If you studied the 5th edition CD the questions would be 100% the same as in the practice test.

I don't think you will find it easy to pass using the 4th edition CD. I recommend you go to Easons and buy a 5th edition CD for €9 (Or €8? can't remember).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

Most local libraries have the cd's, so you may be able to borrow the current one for free.

Advertisement