Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development position in consultancy firm - Whats involved?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me what such a position might be like? Particularly with BearingPoint. Is the "Graduate Developer" position there a pure/primarily a development role, and would it be based in their dublin office or on client sites? I understand Deloitte tends to place people on client sites, but the BearingPoint position specifies "developer".

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

greyed wrote: »
    Hi there,

Could anyone tell me what such a position might be like? Particularly with BearingPoint. Is the "Graduate Developer" position there a pure/primarily a development role, and would it be based in their dublin office or on client sites? I understand Deloitte tends to place people on client sites, but the BearingPoint position specifies "developer".

Thanks!

The difference between a developer job in a consultancy firm and a regular software house is that the former will nearly always have you placed on the client site. This means that your job will be client-facing so you'll need to look sharp and get on with people, no matter what they're like or how unreasonable their demands are.

I've worked both types of jobs and prefer the consulting roles because you get more variety and the job isn't as one dimensional.

Advertisement