Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BALYAGE... the new-ish phenomenon in hair colour!

• 21-08-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi girls, Can any of you give advice about balyage highlights? Without sounding like a total n*b,The colouring in my hair is really good and natural looking and because it blends in so well with my natural colour I don't need to get it done often. I'm also not very adventurous when dying my hair, have gone for the same highlight colour for years. However, all of that is about to change as I recently bought a voucher on city deal for balyage with allure in deansgrange. I'm getting it done a week before my brothers wedding, which probably isn't the best idea incase it goes t*ts up but have any of you had it done? Are there different shades you can get? Does it spoil your hair a bit? Tell me it doesn't look yellow! I've looked up a few pics online and Giselle Bunchen's and Sarah Jessica Parker's are really nice. Oh and aswell, any of you know if Allure in Deansgrange has a good rep? Any answers/suggestions would be massively appreciated. Thanks gals!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split from old thread and moved into new thread.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I really like it, Its very low maintenance as you dont have touch up roots, and if it didnt turn out it would be pretty easy to fix ie. cover with brown hair dye to match rest of hair, I'm really tempted to do a diy job, but wanna grow my hair slightly longer as i find it looks better on people with longer hair. I really love the look of Rachel Bilson's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I hate it, sorry. Why pay someone to only dye the ends of your hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

You haven't said how dark or light your hair is but just a word of warning, balyage can wreck your hair.

I have quite dark brown hair and I have balyage done three times since xmas (December, March, May) and it kills your hair. At the end of the day you're essentially bleaching your hair on what is already going to be a very dry area (the ends), so be prepared for this! Now I know if you are a dark blond colour the bleaching isn't as extreme but there is still a lot of processing going on so it is still very drying :(.

Like I said I have gotten it done three times, but after the third time I felt it was too brassy and very brittle so I took matters into my own hands to correct it: lots of conditioning and protein hair masks etc..

If you don't do this and keep on top of it essentially you will have to get the coloured ends cut off. This happened my sister, she was medium to dark blonde colour with balyage. Her hair was so processed and fried from it that all the hairdresser could do was cut off the ends. :eek:

I'm not saying any of this to scare you away from the style, because I think it looks great and I still would recommend it. I love the look of balyage and it is easy to maintain hair dye wise, but be very aware of the damage it will do to your hair.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't like the dip-dyed blonde ends that people have (like Caroline Flack), but I love the balayage highlights. Is that what you're getting done? Would love to hear how you get on OP, am considering getting them done myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Gracey west

Thanks girls for the replies/comments/advice. I'm getting it done on 1st Sept (Sat) so will defo let ye's know how it goes. Yea forgot to mention my hair colour is light-medium blonde (if that makes sense) and it's the balyage highlights i'm getting done. I think I'll only get it done once as wouldn't be able to put my hair through all that damage a few times. Just hope I don't get addicted once I get it done! Lean you must have got a good result to have got it done 3 times :) I'm hoping too that because I bought it with a city deal voucher they wont take the p*ss or the hairdressers won't spend as much time on it as if I was paying full price, without a voucher (if ya get the jist!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

I got a citydeal for a 12-week keratin blow-dry in Allure around 18 months ago, and have been going back to them for all my hairdressing needs ever since. I find them great and they're really nice people too. I haven't got colour done but the quality of cuts and other treatments has been good, so I hope it works out well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gracey west

Good to know run rabbit thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Balyage / Ombre is it the same thing? Has anyone tried it themselves? looks simple enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi

I did it myself as when I went to hairdresser they told me my hair was too short. Used a highlight kit... would say that as I was basically bleaching the ends of my hair, it kinda ruined the condition of it...

Found this video from You Tube helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Cd0zELL6E

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement