Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Locations

• 21-08-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

This is a thread for your photo locations that you would like to share with fellow photogs.

It should be filled out like so:

What type of shot: Landscape/ Seascape/ Street/ Architectural/ other stuff:o
    Access to location : i.e. small climb down to location/ step walk/ small hike.
    Best time for shots: i.e. tide in or out/ sunrise/ sunset/ night time / full moon.
    Season for best shots: ie. early spring morn/ late summer evening and so on.

Ok I know I've not put anything up yet, but I will add to this later on tonight when I have more time;)

Regards,
    Bren:)

MODS I'm not sure if this type of thread is allowed here in the main section? But if you could leave it here it will become a great resource for fellow photogs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Great idea Brendan

I need to start recording this type of data even for photos I tale myself-

I wonder if we could devise a small 'pre-prepared excel type sheet' so all you have to do is fill in the words?

Don't have time now - but could maybe look at it at the w/e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I kinda record this kinda stuff on flickr - and so does a lot my contacts. Its a cool way of tracking down locations. I then use the TPE app to work out sunrise times etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Great idea Bren, what do people think about taking it a little further and using a google map of the locations shared by the boards phogs with their photos and locataions linked.

I have set up a personal one of places visited and places to visit so I can tick them off as i do.

What do others think? worth doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Having recently gotten a driving license and renewing my interest in photography I think this is a great idea.

I don't really have anywhere to add as of yet though.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    Great idea Bren, what do people think about taking it a little further and using a google map of the locations shared by the boards phogs with their photos and locataions linked.

I have set up a personal one of places visited and places to visit so I can tick them off as i do.

What do others think? worth doing?

That's a really good idea. And it's much more convenient than using location info on Flickr.

I actually started a map like that myself a while ago, marking cool locations I'd seen on flickr and wanted to visit, but I never kept it up.

edit: Although to be honest I do sort of prefer finding locations myself - that was part of the reason I lost interest in my own map. I'm sure others would get plenty of use out of it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

great idea, i'm new to photography and am all geared up to get out and explore, close to home at the moment until i can get to grips with my camera properly, so if anyone has any suggestions for beginner locations in the midlands (westmeath area) that would be super!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Great idea! , heres my first entry.

218136.png

Name: Baldongan Castle

What type of shot: Landscape/Architectural/ Night Sky
    Access to location : No parking area near entrance to site , parked up on entrance to field , not the best but it worked.
    Best time for shots: sunrise/ sunset/ night time / full moon.
    Season for best shots: Autumn - Winter id Imagine would be best :)

7683546048_f2c9ebaf8e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212573892028786987324.0004c7f02ad08b3767a99

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid

OK folks I have set up a Google Map.
    I have also attached a how to guide on getting flickr images linked into the map.

Hope it works.

Derek.

Advertisement