Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimmer battery

Options
  • 21-08-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Righto! Been off the cigarettes a few months using electronic .from 10 motives. Working out to be quite expensive and the cartridges are not the best.

After much deliberating and research I have decided on the joyetech ego c system and want to order the starter kit. BUT I'm just wondering if there is anything else out there with a slimmer battery, sort of easier to hold in the hand like a cigarette? I have looked myself but not really come up with anything.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Innokin_AIO_IK1200_PCC_510/p705283_6359108.aspx

this would be similar enough to what you originally had, the batteries wont last pissing time but the portable charging case takes care of that

you can use regular old boge cartomisers with those batteries, which are pretty cheap and available from most of the irish sites so next day delivery
    all you need after that is some juice.

i dont know if it'd work with an ego-c... maybe it would but the ego-c would look kinda...oversized on it I think

--edit

i think you'd be better off with an ego battery though. you'll quickly get used to the size

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

The joyetech ego-cab system is very similar to the joytech ego-c in that it uses the same replaceable atomiser heads and a tank but it is slimmer and smaller than the ego-c. It also has removeable batteries from the actual device which can be handy as you can bring a stash of batteries if your going anywhere and its only €4 or something for an extra battery.

They can be got at irishvapers or Vapourpal but Irishvapers are on holiday at the moment and wont be delivering again until the end of the month.
    My wife has the pink e-cab and loves it, she says its the best vaping device she's used since we started vaping 6 months ago.

Here's a link for Vapourpal, its €45 for the full kit and I think its free delivery as well http://vapourpal.com/electronic-cigarette-ecab-pink.html

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

The elips by Ovale might also be an option for you. Not sure where best to order it online but there is a shop on talbot street that carry them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

newmark wrote: »
    The joyetech ego-cab system is very similar to the joytech ego-c in that it uses the same replaceable atomiser heads and a tank but it is slimmer and smaller than the ego-c. It also has removeable batteries from the actual device which can be handy as you can bring a stash of batteries if your going anywhere and its only €4 or something for an extra battery.

They can be got at irishvapers or Vapourpal but Irishvapers are on holiday at the moment and wont be delivering again until the end of the month.
    My wife has the pink e-cab and loves it, she says its the best vaping device she's used since we started vaping 6 months ago.

Here's a link for Vapourpal, its €45 for the full kit and I think its free delivery as well http://vapourpal.com/electronic-cigarette-ecab-pink.html

Just had a look there, very nice, though I might go for the black one!
    Can I ask you how long the battery lasts, on average? And is it heavy?
    Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"eCab 360mAh rechargeable battery x 2) "

3-4 hours I guess, depending on how often you vape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

dragona wrote: »
    Thanks!

One battery lasts my wife best part of a day but she is a very light user and often mightn't pick it up for a couple of hours but then uses it more at times so its hard to tell.

I'd be fairly confident the 350mah battery in them would last a lot longer than the 10 motives one and the batteries charge in about 1 & 1/2hours or less.
    It is very light and comfy to hold yet solid and well built so its not going to break easy either.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on whichever system you decide to go for. :)

Thanks!

One battery lasts my wife best part of a day but she is a very light user and often mightn't pick it up for a couple of hours but then uses it more at times so its hard to tell.

I'd be fairly confident the 350mah battery in them would last a lot longer than the 10 motives one and the batteries charge in about 1 & 1/2hours or less.
    It is very light and comfy to hold yet solid and well built so its not going to break easy either.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on whichever system you decide to go for. :)

Thanks for your help, I've ordered the e-cab and can't wait for it to arrive! Yes I did order some juice, hope I like it
    Any recommendations for a nice menthol? There are just so many to choose from you could try hundreds before finding the right one! Maybe easier to ask what to steer clear of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Thanks!

Thanks for your help, I've ordered the e-cab and can't wait for it to arrive! Yes I did order some juice, hope I like it
    Any recommendations for a nice menthol? There are just so many to choose from you could try hundreds before finding the right one! Maybe easier to ask what to steer clear of!

Halo mentol ice has been my daily vape for the past few weeks, love the stuff and its on offer from irishvapers at the moment aswell €25 for 60ml

Excitement! How to fill in the time between ordering and receiving :) Also another quick question. How often to replace cartridges(mouthpiece things) and atomisers? I am beside myself with excitement :)

Just received three bottles of juice I ordered, but no hardware:( Probably wont arrive till Monday now. Ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

How often to replace cartridges(mouthpiece things) and atomisers?
    The cartridges are reusable indefinitely, I suppose, at least until they meet a liquid that fouls them up (RY4 and Keoke Coffee, Menthol to a lesser extent, are all murder for this).
    Atomisers? Sometimes a bit less than a week, sometimes over a month.
    A friend had an atty working away for almost two months!
    Very strange, voodoo atty.

grindle wrote: »
    How often to replace cartridges(mouthpiece things) and atomisers?
    The cartridges are reusable indefinitely, I suppose, at least until they meet a liquid that fouls them up (RY4 and Keoke Coffee, Menthok to a lesser extent, are all murder for this).
    Atomisers? Sometimes a bit less than a week, sometimes over a month.
    A friend had an atty working away for almost two months!
    Very strange, voodoo atty.

Oh right-I'd better order some more then! Thanks for the heads up. Can you change the cartridges whilst there is still liquid in them? Such as having one filled with menthol, another for apple etc?

Also is there such a thing as an aniseed type flavour, like sambuca? That would be heaven for me.

Oh right-I'd better order some more then! Thanks for the heads up. Can you change the cartridges whilst there is still liquid in them? Such as having one filled with menthol, another for apple etc?

Also is there such a thing as an aniseed type flavour, like sambuca? That would be heaven for me.
    You can swap the cartridges.
    There'll be a residual flavour left over from the last cart if you don't clean the atomiser, but it'll leave, eventually, unless it's strong like the ones I mentioned. Clean the atty if you've used one of those.

There is aniseed ejuice, but I'm not sure who sells it pre-made, maybe somebody else knows?
    A search brings up something about Enjuice?
    If you want some soon I can DIY a bottle for you and post it?

There is aniseed ejuice, but I'm not sure who sells it pre-made, maybe somebody else knows?
    A search brings up something about Enjuice?
    If you want some soon I can DIY a bottle for you and post it?

Ah thats a great offer! How on earth would you make it yourself? I found one site that sells it but the review says the flavour is not very strong so I don't know....

I have to admit to something a bit disgusting now.
    I fished out a used up 10 Motives cartridge from my BIN (unfortunately there were bits of spaghetti and garlic bread in there) gave it a good old wipe with an anti bacterial wet wipe.

Prised off the plastic top thing and found inside was some sort of wadding. Squirted a bit of cherry juice (arrived this morning) onto it and stuck it back on my battery!

Can taste the cherry with a bit of menthol but I don't think I put enough in. I just can't wait to get started properly:D I've no patience whatsoever.

Ah thats a great offer! How on earth would you make it yourself? I found one site that sells it but the review says the flavour is not very strong so I don't know....

I have to admit to something a bit disgusting now.
    I fished out a used up 10 Motives cartridge from my BIN (unfortunately there were bits of spaghetti and garlic bread in there) gave it a good old wipe with an anti bacterial wet wipe.

Prised off the plastic top thing and found inside was some sort of wadding. Squirted a bit of cherry juice (arrived this morning) onto it and stuck it back on my battery!

Can taste the cherry with a bit of menthol but I don't think I put enough in. I just can't wait to get started properly:D I've no patience whatsoever.
    A lot of us DIY juices because we're stingy and/or like switching flavours a lot, or want to get a certain juice just right, or mix flavour combos that might not be available.
    It's all available to buy separately, base, nic, flavours and mixing tools.
    Cherry & menthol is one of the nicest fruit-menthol mixes, but you have to go light on the menthol or it's overpowering, and I was gonna say fishing it out of the bin was gross... but then I remembered all the times a decade ago when I scoured ashtrays to "rescue" the ends and throw the pre-smoked, possibly week-old multiple-brand-tobacco into a rolly.
    So, not too gross in comparison. *vomits*

.......... fishing it out of the bin was gross... but then I remembered all the times a decade ago when I scoured ashtrays to "rescue" the ends and throw the pre-smoked, possibly week-old multiple-brand-tobacco into a rolly.
    So, not too gross in comparison. *vomits*

yuk :D

Advertisement