Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best forum to ask about finding an old children's book?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

I dunno where to ask this. I'd try other forums but I'm sure it was one of those English/Irish books so I don't think it'd have reached overseas (maybe it did, I dunno).

Anyway far as I remember it was one of those kinda... cardboardy "hardback" book. It was a hardback but a really thin one cause it was a kids book.

Anyway, I am 100% sure it would have had a list of books on the back, like how the old kids books would have had like when we were in primary in the 90s or so.
    I forget so much about it, as in barely remember a few bits and pieces.
    I remember reading some of the books in primary.

So where's my best bet to ask? Parenting/primary/lit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How old?

Maybe, All Thing Retro forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I have no clue :)
    Well, it was before say... 1996. I would have read it maybe when I was around six, so 1994. But again, it could have been years upon years old, like Enid Blyton books old. But I don't think it was, it probably (from what I remember of how the books felt) would have been after the 80s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Depends on what aspect of it you're interested in.

There's plain literature:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19

and as mentioned, retro:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=253

It was a kids book. As in one you'd give a child about 8 years old to read. So I dunnno if it'd be actually literature or how retro it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Retro could help identify it at least. They have a good track record of these things.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Retro could help identify it at least. They have a good track record of these things.

Alright, hope it works, thanks!

Advertisement