Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7 hours in Hong Kong, whats possible?

• 21-08-2012 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

I land at 3pm and depart at 10pm.

I've never been before, would it be possible to get into the City and see or do something and back out to the Airport.

I checked the rail link and it's only 30 minutes or so. I'd imagine emigration on arrival and check in on departure would cut into any time I'd have.

Would I be better off just waiting around in the airport?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends what time of day you are talking.

Transit tours in Hong Kong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Hong Kong is one place where it's worth spending 7 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

HK airport is on Lantau Island - instead of travelling to the main island you could stay on Lantau and go up the Big Buddha on a cable car. You should have enough time, and to look around Ngong Ping - some breath-taking views.

Hong Kong is a lovely place and I found the people lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

It's 5 yrs since I was in hong kong but I remember seeing a service offered there aimed specifically at people with a few hrs stopover. It was some kind of sightseeing tour without the need to clear immigration as I guess they keep you contained somehow. Sorry I can't be more specific but someone must know something more about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

emer_b wrote: »
    It's 5 yrs since I was in hong kong but I remember seeing a service offered there aimed specifically at people with a few hrs stopover. It was some kind of sightseeing tour without the need to clear immigration as I guess they keep you contained somehow. Sorry I can't be more specific but someone must know something more about it!

Link in first reply :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement