Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Good win for Juve yesterday. Looking a bit more like their old self (partly, I would say, thanks to Giovinco's absence), although I'm not sure if it will be in time enough to get a result against Celtic in a few days.

It was really easy for Juve yesterday. Fiorentina gave them an incredible amount of time and space in midfield. That's one thing Celtic definitely won't do.

It's good to see Matri finding some form at last though. Asamoah is back in the squad for Tuesday. I hope he starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Niang is frighteningly good for an 18 year old.

It's unreal that there's talent around like him that go unnoticed for years. Moyes will be kicking himself for missing out on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great win again today for Samp, 3-1 against Roma. Sansone on his debut with a beauty. It's entertaining as hell to watch them this season, both good and bad at times.

Leo Bonucci was in the curva for the Fiorentina match. Legend!

P9NcZtE.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Best defender on Italy this season. By a long way.

• Advertisement

Niang is frighteningly good for an 18 year old.

And so bloody fast!

Would love to see a race between him and Abate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

It's unreal that there's talent around like him that go unnoticed for years. Moyes will be kicking himself for missing out on him.
    Unnoticed ? He signed for Milan at the age of 17. so i think his talent has been noticed. El Shaarawy Balotelli and Niang has the potential to be a potent front three in the coming years

wadacrack wrote: »
    Unnoticed ? He signed for Milan at the age of 17. so i think his talent has been noticed. El Shaarawy Balotelli and Niang has the potential to be a potent front three in the coming years

That's what I mean. There's so many others like him that go unnoticed whereas he's one of those who have been noticed and playing with such a big club will aid his development greatly.

Yeah it's some attack. Hopefully the 3 stay at the club for 5 years+

When I saw that Viktoria Plzen had won 3-0 in Naples tonight I assumed Napoli had made 11 changes, but they didn't. They had De Sanctis, Gamerbini, Zuniga, Maggio, Cavani and Pandev starting.

What went on there? Someone's bound to call shenanigans.

I'd like to see the goals, but they don't seem to be on Youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When I saw that Viktoria Plzen had won 3-0 in Naples tonight I assumed Napoli had made 11 changes, but they didn't. They had De Sanctis, Gamerbini, Zuniga, Maggio, Cavani and Pandev starting.

What went on there? Someone's bound to call shenanigans.

I'd like to see the goals, but they don't seem to be on Youtube.

Forget youtube, always check 101greatgoals. Not as handy if you're on the phone
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/napoli-0-victoria-plzen-3/

3rd one looked offside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Surprised at the manner of the defeat tonight for Napoli. Gamberini hauled off at half time. As usual its the inabilty to defend that's done for them.

That's certainly the only hope of a trophy this season gone. Because Juve should run away with the Scudetto. And hopefully Mazzarri will be replaced in the summer by a coach who appreciates the art of defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Milito got a bad injury tonight, out for 6 - 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Some game in Gladbach yesterday, Lazio's defence is nuts conceding 3 spot kicks (at least 2 of them in the exact same fashion).

3 away goals puts them firmly in the driving seat for the return leg though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Milito got a bad injury tonight, out for 6 - 9 months

Yeah, you could tell straight away that he had done his knee, to be honest I'll be surprised if he comes back from it at Inter and if he does he'll be a bit part who gets played for nostalgic reasons, like Stankovic is now. I do hope I'm wrong about it and he gets back to his best but at his age I can't see it happening.

Balotelli scores his 4th goal in 3 games tonight with a lovely free kick to help Milan to a 2-1 win over Parma.

He's really started well and apparently isn't even fully fit yet, wasn't the most open game ever in fairness but I think Milan were good value for the win.

Had a few very nice touches as well. Seems to be receiving very harsh treatment since he came back though which is annoying.

Defenders are going really rough on him in the hope he lashes out or something, it's kinda frustrating but he's been keeping his head pretty well, had a little blow up today when your man slapped him in the back of the head, but did well not to lose the plot. Refs are kinda slow to give him free's as well because he doesn't go down easily, he tends to just run through fouls, but he doesn't always keep the ball or gain an advantage, so the refs should be calling it back and giving the free but they just wave on, it's annoying. But hopefully he will keep going as he is and defenders will stop kicking him around the place and refs will start treating him like everyone else.

Yeah that's true. Be interesting to see how well he can keep his head during the derby as he's sure to get some rough treatment. On fire atm and it looks like he's going to really help to secure 3rd spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

AS Roma vs. Juventus tonight 19.45 BST at the Olipmico.

Should be a good game.

Attacking line up from Roma. Not sure about Piris in a back three. It'll be interesting if they use their front three to close Juve down high up the pitch like Inter did.
    Stekelenburg;
    Piris, Burdisso, Marquinhos;
    Torosidis, De Rossi, Pjanic, Marquinho;
    Lamela, Totti;
    Osvaldo

Roma bench: Goicoechea, Lobont, Romagnoli, Balzaretti, Taddei, Lucca, Bradley, Tachtsidis, Perrotta, Florenzi, Lopez

Marchisio is suspended. He'll be missed, he often makes the difference in big games.

Juventus:
    Buffon;
    Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres;
    Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah;
    Vucinic, Matri

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Marrone, Isla, Padoin, Giaccherini, Giovinco, Quagliarella, Anelka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Totti's 98km/h strike gives Roma the lead in 59th minute.

1-1 will be a good result for Juve now.

Great strike by Totti. Juve are struggling.

Deserved win for Roma.They looked better than they ever did under Zeman. Juve never got going really.

Whoops!

i2ovdWNFIF9Pq.gif

Pirlo got rougher treatment today than against Celtic. There was this from Totti and an elbow in the face from Lamela.

47006_491202750936116_1957996959_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Some strike from Totti.

A Napoli win tomorrow is now imperative! Against Sampdoria it wont be easy though, give the form they are in.

Napoli will win. I have a bad feeling about the way this season is heading. Napoli v Juve on the 1st of March is going to be massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

0-0. Samp gave Napoli a real go of it for most of the game. Well-earned point for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

0-0. Samp gave Napoli a real go of it for most of the game. Well-earned point for them.

Frustrating but Samp are on quite good form at the moment so I wouldn't go quite as far as to say disastrous.

Long may Juve's Champions League run continue.

Wasn't expecting that. Well done Samp.

• Advertisement

Now if Fiorentina can do an Job on Inter and Sienna can take a few points off Lazio, I'll have had a wonderful weekend.

11points, 13 games, er, can a boy dream?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Napoli will win. I have a bad feeling about the way this season is heading. Napoli v Juve on the 1st of March is going to be massive.

You are the worlds most pessimistic fan. What have Napoli ever done in a challenging position over the last few years? Answer= bottle bottle bottle

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great finish from Jovetic just there to put Fiorentina 2-0 up

They deserve the lead too, maybe even deserve a 3rd at this stage, Inter have been useless but that is nothing new really.

By far the better team in the first half.

@ Dor, how's Guarin been overall since signing for Inter? Had high hopes for him and thought it was a wonderful piece of business by Inter when they snapped him up. Probably said that in at the time on here too.

JoJo is probably the best player in the league now. Would be shocked if hes still in Florance or Serie A for that matter next season.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Great finish from Jovetic just there to put Fiorentina 2-0 up

ibiAy0FY2IoFDE.gif

Guarin has been one of Inter's best players this season imo, admittedly that's not very hard but he has been very good. He can be a little wasteful at times with his shooting but he does have the ability to score from distance too so I don't mind that too much. I think at the price he was very good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jovetic just too good.

Won't be there next season surely.

The Inter players just look so lethargic. Fiorentina are running rings around them.

Milan must be looking forward to the derby next weekend!

Milan are going to have a lot of fun next week, Balo will probably get a couple just to rub it in.

• Advertisement

I'm not going to get too carried away, this Inter team is due a wake up call...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Inter have a good record in the derby recently too.

SES didn't play Friday, was he injured?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Inter have a good record in the derby recently too.

SES didn't play Friday, was he injured?

Just resting him, he has a long running knee issue, needs to rest it now and then and he'd played pretty much every game this season so he was due a rest.

Niang and Balo were still class though :D

Great goal by Cassano. There's been a few this weekend in Serie A.

I wonder how much longer it will be before Moratti sacks Strama? I'm not saying I think he should be sacked, no point now because no matter who takes over 3rd is not going to happen, but with the way Moratti sacks managers I'd be surprised if he makes it until the end of the season unless there is a drastic improvement in results.

Am I right in thinking Inter will be without Juan, Ranocchia and Samuel for the derby?

I Think Juan and Ranocchia are available, they are both on 7 yellows after tonight and unless I'm mistaken there is a ban after 8.

Milan's next 3 fixtures Barca, Inter, Lazio. I'd be delighted with 4 points in the league games. Just hoping the very obvious chance of a trouncing by Barca doesn't affect the young teams confidence too much in this crucial spell.

Balo cup tied for midweek is a pity, though maybe pushing SES more central for this game might not be the worst idea, Pato's pace last year caused Barca a lot of problems in our matches against them. Wouldnt like to see Pazzini start, prefer to just crowd the midfield and try our best to keep it uber tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

JoJo is probably the best player in the league now. Would be shocked if hes still in Florance or Serie A for that matter next season.

You think he'd go to arsenal?

They're supposed to have been watching him this past 18 months

batistuta9 wrote: »
    You think he'd go to arsenal?

They're supposed to have been watching him this past 18 months

I'd say it'd be unlikely at this point, you'd think there would be too many top clubs interested for Arsenal to have a chance of outbidding them.

Wouldn't be the worst move for him imo as the pressures wouldn't be as intense as say a move to Real or Barca would be. You see the like of Sanchez and Pastore who left the league for big money now struggling for consistency with the lofty pressures of performing at the very highest level. Neither of their careers have progressed to justify their huge abilities. Although its also very possible that they just wanted the big pay day and simply just aren't that bothered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement