Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

If Jovetic leaves I think it'll be to Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Funny to think he was going to be benched for the game last night as well! Hopefully he's not coming into form at the right time for Fiorentina to seriously challenge for 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Fiorentina, probably my favourite shirt, the Nintendo and Toyota ones the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Funny to think he was going to be benched for the game last night as well! Hopefully he's not coming into form at the right time for Fiorentina to seriously challenge for 3rd

Nah they're even worse than Napoli for faltering under pressure. That squad really should be good enough for top 3 though, Cuadrado a player that doesnt get much attention but he gets through a phenomenal amount of work down the right, excellent going forward and at doing the ugly stuff as well.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Nah they're even worse than Napoli for faltering under pressure. That squad really should be good enough for top 3 though, Cuadrado a player that doesnt get much attention but he gets through a phenomenal amount of work down the right, excellent going forward and at doing the ugly stuff as well.

Good point. Yeah I've noticed him before alright! They do have a strong enough team but they just don't seem to have that extra something!

Pity about Napoli as well. If Milan can't win the league I'd rather see them win it than Juventus!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

mitosis wrote: »

Not to mention this hero.

one-of-the-most-famous-celebrations-in-history.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mitosis wrote: »

Still have my Nintendo one with Batistuta and Toyata one with Rui Costa on it somewhere. Love those kits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'd say it'd be unlikely at this point, you'd think there would be too many top clubs interested for Arsenal to have a chance of outbidding them.

Wouldn't be the worst move for him imo as the pressures wouldn't be as intense as say a move to Real or Barca would be. You see the like of Sanchez and Pastore who left the league for big money now struggling for consistency with the lofty pressures of performing at the very highest level. Neither of their careers have progressed to justify their huge abilities. Although its also very possible that they just wanted the big pay day and simply just aren't that bothered.

the papers are saying arsenal will bid £25mil, no idea if that's a release clause or what though

Would Real or Barca even go in for him?

Only english clubs i think that might bid for him will be Arsenal & City, then Bayern possibly & one of the bigger Italian sides if they've the money

I can't see Barca going for him. Probably not Real either because he'd be competing with Ozil/Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Cuadrado is probably my favourite player to watch in the Serie A, if he could pass the ball he'd be one of the best players in the league

I think he's one of those players that gets by on being very fast and energetic. Technically he's not that good. I think he'd get found out at a top team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looks like Icardi going from Samp to Inter in the summer :(

Guess couldn't expect to hold onto him, but sad that he couldn't go at least another season playing regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I think he will be a good signing for Inter, if it happens, but with Milito getting injured another striker will be needed too.

Ranocchia got injured last night so will miss the derby on Sunday so will probably be Juan and Chivu. Also Zanetti will be playing in his 40th consecutive derby on Sunday, he hasn't missed it since 1997.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yesssss, i just remembered the Milan derby is on tonight!! :D I love when that happens!

Should be a great game. The most exciting derby in the world imo

• Advertisement

Was at the reverse fixture, boy have Milan come far in just half a season because we were pretty dire at that time. Hearing De Sciglio comes in for Constant tonight, great to finally have some decent depth in that position.

Never an easy game to predict, the sheer effort levels midweek had to have taken their toll on us, Inters Europa victory was more straight forward. Would be content enough with a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Was at the reverse fixture, boy have Milan come far in just half a season because we were pretty dire at that time. Hearing De Sciglio comes in for Constant tonight, great to finally have some decent depth in that position.

Never an easy game to predict, the sheer effort levels midweek had to have taken their toll on us, Inters Europa victory was more straight forward. Would be content enough with a draw.

Aren't Inter technically the 'home' team tonight, ie. should have a lot more fans?

Any idea why Milan's price is so short, coming in at around 1/1?

Yeah Inter are the home team tonight and the reason for Milan being such favourites is because Inter have been pretty useless lately and Milan are in great form. Can't see anything other than an easy win for Milan tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah Inter are the home team tonight and the reason for Milan being such favourites is because Inter have been pretty useless lately and Milan are in great form. Can't see anything other than an easy win for Milan tonight.

Even accounting for the difference in form it still looks very short. As mentioned already the Barca game would surely have drained Milan to some extent as well.

I guess we'll see how it pans out.

Formations:

Inter: 1 Handanovic; 4 Zanetti, 23 Ranocchia 40 Juan Jesus, 55 Nagatomo; 21 Gargano, 19 Cambiasso,14 Guarin; 11 Alvarez; 8 Palacio, 9 Cassano.
    Bench: 27 Belec, 30 Carrizo, 5 Stankovic, 7 Schelotto, 10 Kovacic, 17 Kuzmanovic, 18 Rocchi, 24 Benassi, 26 Chivu, 28 Pasa, 33 Mbaye, 42 Jonathan.

Milan: 32 Abbiati; 20 Abate, 17 Zapata, 5 Mexes, 2 De Sciglio; 8 Nocerino, 18 Montolivo, 4 Muntari; 10 Boateng, 45 Balotelli, 92 El Shaarawy.
    Bench: 1 Amelia, 59 Gabriel, 11 Pazzini, 12 Traoré, 14 Salamon, 19 Niang, 22 Bojan, 23 Ambrosini, 76 Yepes, 77 Antonini, 81 Zaccardo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Balotelli really should have scored there. Milan are having some joy getting their full-backs forward.

I'd love to go to a Milan derby. The pre-match atmosphere and banter looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

His haircut is ridiculous, but by christ El Shaarawy is some player. Super finish.

Yeah that was a great finish.

Great save from Handanovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Milan should be 3-0 up by now!

Why was KPB having a go at the keeper?

Yeah, Balo could have had a hat-trick by now. No Idea what Boateng was at, looked like he was trying to stop Handa from releasing the ball.

De Sciglio so impressive for a 20 year old defender. Kinda understandable that Allegri is being careful with how often he plays himself and Niang, easy to overplay a youngster and have them end up like Pato.

Handanovic has been performing at a world class level for a few years now. Definitely in the top 3 in the world imo.

Very foggy in Milan tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Yeah I can honestly not see shít it's gotten really bad in the last few minutes. The inter players are invisible at times. Hopefully they switch to an orange ball too, losing the yellow at times. It's actually hilarious when the AC players get tackled by someone you can't see

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Very foggy in Milan tonight!!

At first I thought it as smoke, but I think you're right. It's making it almost unwatchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

jive wrote: »
    Yeah I can honestly not see shít it's gotten really bad in the last few minutes. The inter players are invisible at times. Hopefully they switch to an orange ball too, losing the yellow at times. It's actually hilarious when the AC players get tackled by someone you can't see

Haha I was just about to say that! I can't see a fúckin thing. Montolivo was fouled there and it looked like he just fell over :pac:

What odds, both Cambiasso and Balotelli to get sent off?

We look very leggy out there now. Niang on please.

So it wasn't fog at all, it's flare smoke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what else would it be in Serie A :pac:

james richardson reckons parma's the foggiest place in italy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Palermo's a mental club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

monkey9 wrote: »
    Palermo's a mental club.

I think its somthing like the 25th mananger change since the president took over in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

monkey9 wrote: »
    Palermo's a mental club.
    Malesani out after 3 games in charge, Gasperini back in. Par for the course with Zamparini alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Montolivio has been superb for Milan recently
    Ballotelli is also playing very well too

• Advertisement

Tough tie for Napoli this evening, Udi haven't lost in the league at the Friuli since their first home league game of the season. Big pressure on with Juve easily picking up 3 points at the weekend, this is when they've really struggled in the past when getting themselves into contention for a title race. Cant see how they're favourite's for this game to be honest.

Well that was probably the worst game of the season. The early midweek kickoffs are always so flat, I do not like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Carew joining Inter? That's mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

2 big games this weekend
    Napoli Vs Juventus - hopefully Napoli can win but i see it being a 1-1 draw

Milan Vs Lazio - Lazio are a poor side to watch & i wouldn't like to see them get third
    i think & hope Milan will win 3-1

Corholio wrote: »
    Carew joining Inter? That's mad.
    It's stupidity, what's the point in it, he's not good enough and I'd rather see one of the primavera players play than him. Should have taken Longo back.

Ha, Carew failed his medical test, imagine that's a blessing I disguise for Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

feb28cor.jpeg
    Pretty low for a magazine to start complaining about refs before one is even selected!
    Also, Cannavaro's comments about Beijing there - how is it possible they are still complaining, I still can't see any major issues in what the ref did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

SES signed a contract extension yesterday that more than doubled his wages (still only on €800,000 a year) so that's him tied to Milan for 6 more years, hurrah.

Niang should sign an an extension in the enxt few weeks as well and is expected to have his wages raised to about €600,000.

Really good news for Milan to tie them both into longer contracts. Says a lot about the clubs plans for the future and the players faith in the club!

Biggest game of the season tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

Its going to be a bruiser of a match but Napoli might play it safe enough me thinks and aim for a draw? Pity its not live on telly

Certified wrote: »
    Its going to be a bruiser of a match but Napoli might play it safe enough me thinks and aim for a draw? Pity its not live on telly

It's on Setanta

• Advertisement
Advertisement