Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

Certified wrote: »
    Its going to be a bruiser of a match but Napoli might play it safe enough me thinks and aim for a draw? Pity its not live on telly

On Setanta Ireland if you have it? I don't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

cavani and hamsik need to be at their best tonight.home advantage could get napoli a 2-1 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Fantastic display by the Napoli tifosi. An erupting Vesuvio!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Juventus bus pelted withe eggs and stones apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

1-0 Juve Chiellini with a bullet header

Juventus denied sure penalty

mitosis wrote: »
    Juventus denied sure penalty

i didnt think it was a penalty but great save by di sanctis there...should have been 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Once again Napoli being found out in the big games. Nervous and naive so far, and I have to say Juve can feel hard done by by the ref so far.

The tifo at the start was brilliant!

horrible clash of heads there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

markie29 wrote: »
    horrible clash of heads there

Thankfully he's up and conscious, if very dazed. Looked terrible.

• Advertisement

A second Juve goal here and it's all over.

Paully D wrote: »
    Thankfully he's up and conscious, if very dazed. Looked terrible.

think he will be taken off he still doesnt look right

edit he seems to have recovered now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

This commentator on Setanta is worse than the Boom Goes the Dynamite guy.

"Hamsik being the only threaten...eh.....threatened-er shall we say..."

"Into mew...hu.....eh...Vucinic....."

1-1 Inler deflected shot

1-1 deflected shot from Inler.....couldnt see napoli scoring before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

big goal

that was dirty by Cavani!....should be a red card if it was seen

how can only a yellow be given for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Refs bottled that one. It had to be a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

All kicking off now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Yeah he's lucky, very out of character. The goal came from nothing and is probably undeserved but I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Loving this match. And still another half to go :)

I had a feeling Juve would regret those chances Vucinic blew to make it 2-0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Terrible decission by the ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Seaneh wrote: »
    Terrible decission by the ref!

is that in relation to the red or the fact it was in the box?

Liam O wrote: »

is that in relation to the red or the fact it was in the box?

Giving the free at all and the red. SES went down very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Seaneh wrote: »
    Giving the free at all and the red. SES went down very easy.

Dunno, I would have given the free/peno but the red was really out of nowhere.

I have Milan in a treble though so anything that helps that I suppose.

They've done everything but score so far.

Liam O wrote: »

Dunno, I would have given the free/peno but the red was really out of nowhere.

I have Milan in a treble though so anything that helps that that I suppose.

They've done everything but score so far.

looks like it might be a rugby score at this rate.

Great result and well deserved win for Milan, 3rd place now and only Milan can give it away, hopefully Milan can keep the good form up until the end of the season!

Superb result. Would've preferred a goal instead of the red at the start but it worked out well, despite taking a bit from the match as a spectacle. Love the fact that SES seems to miss more chances when they don't matter but scorers the important ones in the big games. Great asset to have and De Sciglio had a great game too. Pazzini proved a point as well. Can't wait for the Genoa game. Love watching this team play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Strama in big trouble if Inter don't turn this around. Wouldn't be shocked if Bobby Mancini is back there next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Strama in big trouble if Inter don't turn this around. Wouldn't be shocked if Bobby Mancini is back there next season.

Can't see that happening and wouldn't want it either, Inter won't pay the wages he'd be looking for and I don't think he'd do any better.

dor83 wrote: »

Can't see that happening and wouldn't want it either, Inter won't pay the wages he'd be looking for and I don't think he'd do any better.

He was the man to take you out of the doldrums of continually underachieving in the 90's/early 2000's albeit aided by Calciopoli but got that winning mentality into a side that they lacked for so long. They seem to be slipping into that similar negative mould last few seasons.

Something needs to change anyway, possibly a similar clearing of all the old guard like AC did last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

He had a very good team and a lot of money to buy new players, something he wouldn't have if he went back. I think there is a lot more that needs to be fixed within the club before any manager will be able to get them back to the top, things that aren't going to change any time soon.

Milan have tied another of their exciting youngsters to a long term contract.
    This time it's Canadian born Italian under age international and Milan youth team product Bryan Cristante who turned 18 yesterday and celebrated it by singing a 5 year extension tying him to Milan until June 2018.
    He was recently named player of the Tournament at the Torneo di Viareggio (one of the most important youth football tournaments in the world) even though Milan lost the final to Anderlect.

He made

He's been training with the first team on and off since the summer of 2011 and made his senior debut against Viktoria Plzen in december 2011, aged 16 and will be a full member of the first team next season.
    He was recently named as a sub but not used in the Champions League match against Barcelona, which underlines the belief the Milan coaching team has in the boy. I expect him to make his Serie A debut in the next few weeks.

I think it is brilliant that the fall of Calcio has led to young players finally getting a chance. My concern is that the good ones will be harvested by the rich clubs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Haha, brilliant.

Pazzini got a knock, can't even run and wants to come off.

Then he scores a peach :D

He's in some form. Balotelli had a poor game but got a nice goal so can't complain. Very good win for Milan tonight. Hopefully Mexes and Pazzini are fully fit for Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Future looks bright for Italian football all of a sudden.

They were so awful in 2010, aging players and really going nowhere.

All of a sudden there's plenty of talented young players getting a chance to show their talent, reminiscent of the Bundesliga in some ways.

Massive win for Juve today with Napoli losing. Giaccherini's 91st minute winner was a long time coming. You could see what it means from the way Conte and the players were celebrating after the final whistle. Juve are effectively 10 points ahead of Napoli now because of their head to head record.

Fiorentina pick up another win, so much for them collapsing.

Montella doing an incredible job there.

• Advertisement

Inter are the ones collapsing.

I don't care if neither of them collapse once Milan hold on to 3rd!

I think Milan will finish 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Scudetto is gone but seriously hope Napoli can hold onto second spot. Usual defensive errors cost them again today.

I think Milan will finish 2nd.

If they do it would be an amazing achievement by Allegri and the squad after the summer exodus and the start tom the season on the pitch and fantastic for the youngsters who've had an amazing season.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

grenache wrote: »
    The Scudetto is gone but seriously hope Napoli can hold onto second spot. Usual defensive errors cost them again today.

It's their complete lack of ideas up front that's killing them. Unless they break quickly and directly, they've looked completely unable to score. When they try to control possession against weaker opposition, 0-0 is the best they can hope for. And bringing on 10 Goran Pandevs wouldn't change that.

Trying to fashion chances through the front door of a 7-8 man defense hasn't paid any dividends and has been horrible to watch. Against Chievo, Udinese, Samp, 2x Plzen etc. this is what they've been doing. That said, their use of possession in wide areas has been really poor too. Zuniga and Armero can't seem to cross a ball.

I honestly can't see what's going to turn their form around - they've been found out by most sides at this point and they've no plan B.

Yeah they really lack that creative edge, missing Lavezzi.

And Juve will be better next season so they've probably thrown away their best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

An article you'll all surely find interesting arguing for Serie A being Europe's most competitive elite league. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Handy enough win for Juve last night away at Bologna. Hopefully Atalanta do something against Napoli today.
    AC Milan are the form team, but handy game for them today. But they have 3 tough ties in a row coming up soon, away at Napoli, home against Fiorentina and away at Juve.

• Advertisement

Another Balo double. Shame we didn't get him at the beginning of the season, would have had a real shot at the title.

Advertisement