Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Totti should never retire, doesn't get enough love around these parts. Backheel pass tonight was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What do you guys think of Mauro icardi? I've seen him sporadically and he seems a very good talent.

He seems to be very calm in front of goal and has a good yard of pace. What do you make of him?

Have seen a bit of news of him going to Inter, any truth in that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Jesus Mario can't stop scoring. Himself and Pazzo are on fire and it's just as well with SES not finding the net as often as before xmass. Niang and SES are both playing well but they are both more prone to play very wide and not not be on the end of attacks so it's good to have two proper centre forwards in Mario and Pazzo.

Napoli picked up a win this weekend so hod their 2 point lead but hopefully even with the next 3 games Milan can pass them and get 2nd!

Looks like De Sciglio is set to make his Italy debut tonight, think he a future national captain in the making, kid has it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

double GG wrote: »
    What do you guys think of Mauro icardi? I've seen him sporadically and he seems a very good talent.

He seems to be very calm in front of goal and has a good yard of pace. What do you make of him?

Have seen a bit of news of him going to Inter, any truth in that?

He's a very good finisher, bit rough in some parts of his game but his movement is excellent. Will be sad to see him go from Samp, as I think he'd be better off staying another season, but Inter looks most like his next destination.

• Advertisement

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Looks like De Sciglio is set to make his Italy debut tonight, think he a future national captain in the making, kid has it all.

Just don't compare him to Paolo, the poor lad gets panic attacks when people offer him an #3 shirt!

I reckon he will be a Milan captain in a few year. Super talent.

Really cool documentary on Milan's youtube channel about the Vismara Sporting Centre (Milan's youth academy) and the things they do there. Well worth a watch if you've any involvement in youth football.

+1000 internets for whoever spots Paolo Maldini's young fella :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Italy+Training+Session+Press+Conference+d6c_L2rO5wfx.jpg

1_Ital-Juve.jpg

Well, it's the baby Rossoneri who are making the difference, not the washed up Goeba :P

• Advertisement

Also, the starting 11 tonight had almost as many (one less) Rossoneri as bianconeri, kinda weird to have 11 players made up of only Milan and Juve players, but there was one massive difference.

The average age of the of the players from each club!

Average of the 6 Juve players = 29.6

Average of the 5 Milan players = 23.2

Looks like the future is Rossoneri :D

Totti: "I was 12 when I made love for the first time, in Tropea with a Roman girl who was 17 years old"

Seems like he's always been Il Capitano.

Totti shagged his babysitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

Totti: "I was 12 when I made love for the first time, in Tropea with a Roman girl who was 17 years old"

Seems like he's always been Il Capitano.

Thats legaly classified as statutory rape in Italy :(

Surprised Juve have gone with an almost full strength team with Bayern coming up on Tuesday.

Inter (3-4-3): Handanovic - Ranocchia, Samuel, Chivu - Zanetti, Kovacic, Gargano, Pereira - Alvarez, Palacio, Cassano
    Subs: Carrizo, Belec, Silvestre, Nagatomo, Jonathan, Kuzmanovic, Schelotto, Stankovic, Benassi, Rocchi

Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Padoin, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Matri.
    Subs: Storari, Rubinho, Pogba, De Ceglie, Giovinco, Peluso, Anelka, Giaccherini, Marrone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

FORZA JUVE! Fantastic result. Pretty intense game.

Cambiasso looks to break Giovinco's leg as the final whistle goes. Horrific challenge, surprised it didn't spark a brawl.

On to Tuesday! :D

Great match. Roll on Bayern.

That was a horrible foul by Cambiasso at the end. Wouldn't be surprised if Giovinco is out for a while after it.

Fiorentina, Lazio and Roma all lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Great match. Roll on Bayern.

That was a horrible foul by Cambiasso at the end. Wouldn't be surprised if Giovinco is out for a while after it.

Fiorentina, Lazio and Roma all lost.

Lazio won 2-1

Lazio won 2-1

Oh yeah. I see now that the Legrottaglie goal was an own goal.

Pitch in Verona is a wee bit damp...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This is some match, and that was some goal

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I have to start watching more serie A after watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What a game!

Cavani comes on and give away a Peno....to make it 2-2. Then they go 3-2 down and end up winning 3-5. Crazy.

People who don't watch Serie A are missing out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a match that was! Unreal stuff.

The ref for today's Milan - Fiorentina match was horrendous. And all of the goals were eithe his error or idiotic defending.

Montolivo caught Pizzao in possession and ran through to score, you wouldn't see the likes in u17.

SES ran into Tomovic's arm and went down far too easily, ref gives Tomovic a straight red.

The Milan's second, Flamini was left totally open to toe poke in a low cross.

Then Ljajic falls down in the box for no reason and ref gives a peno and a yellow to Nocerino.

Then De Sciglio makes a stupid tackle and takes the legs out from Cuadrado and gives another peno which Pizzaro puts away.

Then in extra time the balls comes in from the left and Roncaglia has his arms out and it hits his left arm, right in front of the ref and he just waves play on.

He also gave about 7 free's to each team for no fecking reason.

Id say for a neutral it was a great game but for a fan it was infuriating.

The wind was nuts as well.

The red card was harsh, but I can kind of see why he gave it. Tomovic's elbow was in his face.

I can't believe he gave that first Fiorentina penalty. No one touched him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

That's why Rano is a CB not a forward. The ref was a joke in that game too, the pen should have been a foul on Rano and Raimondi was sent off for nothing, he and Schelotto were pushing and shoving and Schelotto went down like he was punched but I didn't see anything in it. Cassano injured tonight too, with Palacio and Milito already out we are screwed and I can see both Roma and Lazio getting ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Will that miss cost the manager his job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

dor83 wrote: »
    That's why Rano is a CB not a forward. The ref was a joke in that game too, the pen should have been a foul on Rano and Raimondi was sent off for nothing, he and Schelotto were pushing and shoving and Schelotto went down like he was punched but I didn't see anything in it. Cassano injured tonight too, with Palacio and Milito already out we are screwed and I can see both Roma and Lazio getting ahead of us.

That was one of the strangest penalty decision I have seen in a long time. I don't think even Atalanta players knew why the penalty was awarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

mitosis wrote: »
    If he gets fired it will be for more than one bad result which was influenced by the ref giving an imaginary penalty than that miss.
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That was one of the strangest penalty decision I have seen in a long time. I don't think even Atalanta players knew why the penalty was awarded.
    They thought it was a corner he was giving and were preparing for it, I had no idea what he gave it for when I saw it but he has said it was for a handball by Samuel, who never touched it. I wouldn't be surprised if Strama and Moratti get penalised for their comments about it though, they were right but they're not allowed to say what they said either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

i havent been keeping up to date on Serie A. watching the rome derby last night, i was looking for Zeman. Sacked!
    Couldnt believe it. I was planning a trip to Rome later in the year

He got the chop a few months ago, was deserved too in fairness, Roma were muck under him.
    Took points off the big teams but lost to the bottom of the table clubs and were terrible at home.

His selections were mental, dropping some of the better players for weeks at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Still a Legend!
    Top scorers in Serie A at the time of his sacking. & 1 of the worst defences. Thats what you get with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Silvio fancies Montella apperently.

Too early imo, see how he does next season first imo.

Done a great great job though, coach of the year surely.

• Advertisement

Heading to the game tonight, pity I won't get to see Super Balo but excited all the same, have never seen Napoli live before. Could do with a result with Fiorentina hanging in there behind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Heading to the game tonight, pity I won't get to see Super Balo but excited all the same, have never seen Napoli live before. Could do with a result with Fiorentina hanging in there behind us.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result for Napoli tonight, keep Milan at arms length. Anything but a home win will be ok. I don't think Balotelli not playing will make a huge difference, Pazzini is a capable player. Glad that Zuniga is getting the nod over Armero for Napoli.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

fantastic finish there by Pandev. Calm head..

dfx- wrote: »
    fantastic finish there by Pandev. Calm head..

Great move. Even Pandev couldn't miss that one.

Maggio is allowing Muntari a lot of space down Milan's left. That said, Napoli midfield really into it now.

I think Britos should take Pazzini on a date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

AC Milan draw at home to Napoli, the most frustrating game I've watched in a long time as a Milan fan. They seemed happy with the draw even though they had a chance at challenging for 2nd. There seemed to be no attacking play after they scored and even at the very end of the game there was no urgency to hurry play and try find a winner. I really dont understand Allegri's tactics sometimes

Lazio vs Juve tonight.

Quagliarella/Matri benched for Pogba. Marchisio to play in behind Vucinic.

Juve: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Peluso; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Marchisio; Vucinic

Subs: Storari, Rubinho, Caceres, De Ceglie, Padoin, Giaccherini, Quagliarella, Matri, Isla, Marrone

Lazio: Marchetti; Stankevicius, Cana, Ciani, Gonzalez; Ledesma; Hernanes, Onazi, Mauri, Candreva; Klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

Gaud, Peluso just gets worse. Juve really need to replace him during the summer! Imo much more important than a new striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great start for Juve anyway, 2-0 after 27 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Vidal is such a complete midfielder, has everything in his locker. Excellent player

I've been surprised at how bad Lazio have been. It's been so easy for Juve in midfield and Ciani's having a nightmare at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Certified wrote: »
    Gaud, Peluso just gets worse. Juve really need to replace him during the summer! Imo much more important than a new striker

From what I've seen of Peluso he has been pretty good for Juve, he shouldn't be first choice when everyone's fit but he's a pretty good back up player to have.

He's similar in quality to the likes of Giaccherini or Pepe and can play in a few different positions

Peluso was shaky in his first two matches for Juve but he's been solid back up since then. I do think Juve need to sign a first choice left back/left wing back this summer though. Asamoah just isn't a natural wide player and offers nothing in attack really. Conte has mentioned wanting players who can fit into a 4-3-3 for next season so a left back and a winger should be on the shopping list.

I thought the Marchisio-Vucinic experiment went very well tonight.

Surprised Isla has been used so sparingly, was a big fan of his at Udi and for Chile, thought he would have forged his way into the side, maybe his versatility is his downfall. Suppose it's hard to be critical when the team are 11 points clear though.

Surprised Isla has been used so sparingly, was a big fan of his at Udi and for Chile, thought he would have forged his way into the side, maybe his versatility is his downfall. Suppose it's hard to be critical when the team are 11 points clear though.

Every time he has played, he's been terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement