Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Every time he has played, he's been terrible.

You lot are doing your usual trick of giving him one game every 5-6 weeks and shifting him all over the pitch though.

He's a quality player, he just need to be played as a right full back regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

How's Le Pog doing for Juve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Seaneh wrote: »
    You lot are doing your usual trick of giving him one game every 5-6 weeks and shifting him all over the pitch though.

He's a quality player, he just need to be played as a right full back regularly.

I don't think he has played any position other than right wing back. He might've played a few minutes of one match on the left.

Pretty much every single time he has gotten on the pitch, he's been a walking disaster. I think this season has just been written off for him now (like Pepe). Hopefully he'll be like a new player next season after a proper pre-season. His injury ruined his pre-season last year.

He looks very promising. He hasn't quite forced his way into the first choice XI up until now, but he has played a fair bit whenever any of the three midfielders have been out. The most striking thing about his game is how calm and composed he is on the ball for someone so young. I'd say he needs to work on his defensive game and needs to stop shooting from distance so often, but he's going to be a world class player.

Regular starter and forced his way into the French Senior Team.

Exactly the sort of Player united could really do with actually, a real box to box midfielder, strong on the ball, good passing, well able to put in a tackle and noit afraid to have a shot.

Has played 25 games this season after tonight. Not bad for a lad who turned 20 a month ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Andrea Pirlo Son has passed away after a battle with cancer.

Very sad to hear that. Pirlo is one of my favourite players,

Rip to young lad.

Rumours and now news coming out that it's a hoax and he's alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kensutz wrote: »

I hope that's true. Saw it on bbc. Taken down now too

Post deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kensutz wrote: »

Looks like its all BS. Sick people out there.

Love Pirlo as footballer personally.

I apologise for posting soon but when news channel had it thought was confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bump!!!! :)

So it appears that 1st and 2nd places are done and dusted. I didn't see the Juve- Milan game tonight but from reading reports I'm not surprised that Milan rarely threatened, they seem toothless without Balotelli. I don't rate Pazzini. Fiorentina will take third i think. Juve should wrap up the Scudetto within the next two weeks. I'm just glad Napoli have more or less secured automatic Champions League qualification. It could have a big bearing on keeping Cavani in the summer. Lucky to get the win tonight, Cagliari shot themselves in the foot twice with their kamikaze defending. But what a strike from Insigne for the winner!! That boy is gonna be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

galliani-unhappy490ai_12.jpg
    Galliani: It should have been 0-0
    http://www.football-italia.net/33366/galliani-it-should-have-been-0-0
    No it shouldn't have, and no you didn't play a good game. This guy is such a sore loser, Conte/Marotta would be exorcised in the press for being a bad loser for these kinds of comments.

• Advertisement

He basically said that the game was level. and 0-0 would have been a fair result, not much wrong with that.

Neither team played well, Juve basically sat in their own 3rd for the majority of the match and Milan piddled around with the ball in the middle of the park never looking like they would do anything with, neither team created any real chances, Juve got a penatly becuase Amelia made a stupid decision to challenge for a ball that was going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

He basically said that the game was level. and 0-0 would have been a fair result, not much wrong with that.

Neither team played well, Juve basically sat in their own 3rd for the majority of the match and Milan piddled around with the ball in the middle of the park never looking like they would do anything with, neither team created any real chances, Juve got a penatly becuase Amelia made a stupid decision to challenge for a ball that was going nowhere.

0-0 would indeed have been a fair reflection of the game. How did the previous meeting at San Siro finish?

According to the Guardian:
    Milan 1-0 Juventus (Robinho)

And it has come via the penalty spot. A ball is whipped in, the ball hits Isla under the arm, UNDER!, yet the ref gives a peno after some protests from the Milan players. Robinho steps up, goes to his left, so too does Buffon, but the strike just about beats him. Isla was booked by the way. That was an absolutely terrible decision.

That one should probably have finished 0-0 also. Funny it would even out like that. With Milan in ascendancy it could be a great championship next year

The game was not level, as one team won.
    To say that 0-0 would have been a fairer than the actual result would mean the penalty was not deserved. Or that somehow football as a sport is "wrong" and some other methods should be used for determining the score than scored goals? How can you twist a 1-0 into 0-0 like that?
    For a man in his position, this is just tedious. It's another thing for a fan on an internet forum to speculate. I can assure you that even though Conte and Marotta haven't always shown the "lo stile juve" attitude (they're still learning, I hope), they are at least trying, and in a similar situation would concede that "this result was fair as we did not play well enough". To have such an obtuse and abstract excuse is lazy, arrogant towards the opposition but also an insult to your own fans. Milan were totally toothless, but fans are essentially told that that it was just....what is it....is he talking about...luck?
    Agreed. Juve did have more scoring chances, but converting them was beyond what Vucinic was prepared to do that night. Lots of decent build up wasted on speculative efforts. Nothing new there!

mitosis wrote: »
    That one should probably have finished 0-0 also. Funny it would even out like that. With Milan in ascendancy it could be a great championship next year
    Well, that should not have been a penalty, so the speculation in that case would have some basis, still ultimately pointless. Of course no one talks about that decisive and incorrect decision anymore, though Muntari brought up his "ghost goal" that happened a year ago just before this Sundays match, still fresh in the memory when refs are being decided, funny that...

How does a win through a misgiven penalty "even out" an opposition win through a legitimate penalty? That logic is beyond me.

Italian media calling bullsh*t on Cavani to PSG....

http://www.football-italia.net/33426/doubts-over-cavani-psg-report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

Poor Barca, I tought Juve had it rough. 4-0 and it could realistically be 6-0 after the second leg, ouch!
    I bet some of the Juve players were just a tiny bit more cheerful at training this morning. Bayern are an unstoppable force this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Man, that's some list of unavailable players! According to Gazzetta:

INDISPONIBILI 20 Obi (stagione finita), 16 Mudingayi (incerto 35ª), 22 Milito (stagione finita), 12 Castellazzi (incerto 35ª), 55 Nagatomo (stagione finita), 5 Stankovic (incerto 34ª), 8 Palacio (incerto 35ª), 99 Cassano (incerto 35ª), 33 Mbaye (stagione finita), 23 Gargano (stagione finita), 19 Cambiasso (da valutare), 14 Guarin (da valutare)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Di Marzio is saying Mazzarri is joining Roma next season. Would be a shame. Still at a loss as to why De Laurentis hasn't sorted out his contract yet.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/altre-notizie/gianni-di-marzio-sicuro-napoli-mazzarri-andra-alla-roma-443823

Bad news about Javier Zanetti this afternoon. He went off with what's being reported as an Achilles tendon injury. Hopefully he can come back from this. It'd be an awful way to end his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Pretty vital 3 points here. Pressure on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Pretty vital 3 points here. Pressure on.

It would be unthinkable for Milan to fail to win.

• Advertisement

:|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Bad news about Javier Zanetti this afternoon. He went off with what's being reported as an Achilles tendon injury. Hopefully he can come back from this. It'd be an awful way to end his career.
    It would be a shame if he didn't come back from it, especially considering he has never really had a bad injury before. I think he'll play again, even if it's just a bit part towards the end of next season, he'll get some reception if he does come back.

**** me sideways, Nocerino is a joke this season.

PAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

F*ck me, they've put us through the wringer here.

F*ck me, they've put us through the wringer here.

We are really missing a De Jong in midfield, the defence is massively exposed.

Hard won 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Zanetti: “My career doesn’t finish today, you can be sure of that.””

What a ****ing hero, seriously.

True legend.

Hard won 3 points.

You can have your 3 points, you won't catch the Napolitans ;)

grenache wrote: »
    You can have your 3 points, you won't catch the Napolitans ;)

Not a single **** was given...

3rd place is all that matters.

• Advertisement

Not a single **** was given...

3rd place is all that matters.

Absolutely. Hopefully 3rd is enough to keep Allegri in a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Going to be in Rome next weekend and hoping to go to the Lazio and Sampdoria game. Anyone know what the story with tickets is? As far as I can tell from searching it should be easy enough to get a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Going to be in Rome next weekend and hoping to go to the Lazio and Sampdoria game. Anyone know what the story with tickets is? As far as I can tell from searching it should be easy enough to get a couple.

Will be easy enough I'd say, especially with Lazio's results as of late :rolleyes:

See if you can get to Via Farini, where there is a Lazio shop that sells tickets.

3 points here should wrap up third after Roma's dramatic late win against Fiorentina last night. Let's do it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Speaking of wrapping things up.... time for Juve to secure the Scudetto once again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Wow...Lazio really look a far different team with Klose up front. Netted 5 today against Bologna.

Oh and congrats to Juve for winning the Scudetto.

Yep congrats Juve, did it at a canter as I predicted.

Milan really making hard work of wrapping up 3rd but should be there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just the five for today...

Good little piece by Marcotti in the Wall Street Journal on the success of Montella at Fiorentina, despite some unconventional tactical choices: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323372504578464801614767428.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wow...Lazio really look a far different team with Klose up front. Netted 5 today against Bologna.

Oh and congrats to Juve for winning the Scudetto.

Only Lazio player ever, in 113 years to score 5 goals in 1 game.

Vidal+10 are champions.

Bendtner was drunk tweeting by around 8pm. Lightweight.

Love Conte's quote from yesterday -
    "People who don't win things often generate a lot of good will, but that doesn't interest me. Taking part is important, but the reason I like taking part is so that I can try to win."

Cavani yesterday became the first player to score a hattrick against Juve, Milan and Inter. He's scored 75 goals in 94 league appearances for Napoli.

Team of the season lads?

I've gone for;

Handanovic, Chiellini, Gamberini, Rannochia, De Sciglio, Cuadrado, Valero, Pirlo, Hamsik, El Shar, Cavani

Tidy looking side has to be said...

I'd not have Cuadrado in my team, or Rannochia.

Also, you have 12 players for some reason :P

And from Milan, as good as De Sciglio has been, I'd have Montolivo ahead of him as Milan's second best player this year.

• Advertisement

I'd not have Cuadrado in my team, or Rannochia.

Also, you have 12 players for some reason :P

Fixed.

Inter have been terrible but Rannochia has improved a lot this season.

Cuadrado always impresses me, excellent player.

Agree re Cuadrado. No Vidal is madness, would have Lamella instead of El Shaarawy and prob Jovetic or Hernanes instead of Hamsik but there hasn't been much between all 3.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rannochia
    No feckin' way.

Vidal has to be in there.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Fixed.

Inter have been terrible but Rannochia has improved a lot this season.

Cuadrado always impresses me, excellent player.

Rannochia has been a lot better this year and he's probably been Inter's best player, but he hasn't been one of the 4 best defenders in Italy, in my opinion. I actually Bonucci Has been the best centre back in the league this year and Juve's most important defender.

And Cuadrado, well, he's a decent full/wing back and he's a little ball of energy and extremely quick/strong but he's not the brightest player in the world, he's exciting at times but extremely infuriating at times as well. I reckon both Abate and Lichtsteiner have had better seasons than him and are both much better footballers than him. Montella is getting the most out of a limited player with him I reckon.

My team would be:

5-3-2

Buffon

Lichtsteiner
    Bonucci
    Benatia
    Astori
    De Sciglio

Montolivo
    Vidal
    Valero

El Shaarawy
    Cavani

Honourable mentions to:

Lamela, Mexes, Kucka, Marquinhos, Pogba, Guarin, Viviano, Hamsik, Nainggolan, Campagnaro.

Agree re Cuadrado. No Vidal is madness, would have Lamella instead of El Shaarawy and prob Jovetic or Hernanes instead of Hamsik but there hasn't been much between all 3.

Not seen a ton of Juve games so I went for safe option and games I have seen Vidal has been quiet.

Hamsik has 10 goals and 18 assists in there. He's super consistent too. Definitely has to be in there.

JoJo not played enough imo but he has looked great when he has played. Di Natale has 20 goals at his age. Hero tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement