Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2012/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Super Pazzo, more than half of his seasons total last year already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Europa League is a slight step below dog**** on the bottom of your shoe in italy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Niang is a big lad, eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Well done Pazzini. Milan didn't look good but it's early days for a much changed team in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pitch at the Napoil-Florentina match was awful. Any particular reason for this?

kksaints wrote: »
    Pitch at the Napoil-Florentina match was awful. Any particular reason for this?

Mafia stole the groundsmad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Very important that Napoli passed their first real test of the season, Fiorentina are a much improved side playing some great football at the moment.

Dzemaili showed tonight that Gargano will not be missed.

Forza il Partnopei!!!

Inter have lost a court case brought against them by Christian Vieri, he claimed they tapped his phones and hired private detectives to follow him in 1999 and 2004.

Moratti abusing his board position at Telecom Italia S.p.A. again I see.

Very naughty.

They have to pay Vieri €1,000,000 and explain to the court (on record) why they did it. IF the judge doesn't like their reason the fine will be increased.

They also have to apologise to Vieri.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Inter have lost a court case brought against them by Christian Vieri, he claimed they tapped his phones and hired private detectives to follow him in 1999 and 2004.

Moratti abusing his board position at Telecom Italia S.p.A. again I see.

Very naughty.

They have to pay Vieri €1,000,000 and explain to the court (on record) why they did it. IF the judge doesn't like their reason the fine will be increased.

They also have to apologise to Vieri.
    He originally sued them for something like €20m!! The neck on him! The verdict could lead to Scomessapoli case being opened up again. Juve have been proved right in their assertions that Inter used TI for private purposes. They spied on Vieri just like they spied on Juve between 04 and 06.

• Advertisement

Great article here about Napoli wonderkid Lorenzo Insigne. I'm predicting he's gonna bigger than Jesus.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/meet-lorenzo-insigne-italy-wonderkid-151204025.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

M'Baye Niang was caught driving without a licence. When he was pulled over, he told the police that he was Bakaye Traore.

Reminds me of the time Trezeguet was pulled over with a friend in Turin (Trezeguet was drunk, but was the passenger). When asked for identification, Trezeguet first said "I'm Alessandro Del Piero". The cop stared at him, and so Trez said "Okay, I'm Vincenzo Iaquinta". The cop stared, and finally he said "I'm David Trezeguet, I was born in Buenos Aires on November 15th, 1976."

Trez was born in Rouen, France, on October 15th, 1977.

Why would Trez lie about his age?

He would have been in this late 20's at that stae?!

Niang will be in trouble now.

Also, link to the Niang story?

Why would Trez lie about his age?

He would have been in this late 20's at that stae?!

Niang will be in trouble now.

Also, link to the Niang story?

I think Trez was just ****faced. I don't think anything ever came of it.

Niang story - http://sport.sky.it/sport/gossip/2012/09/10/mbaye_niang_guida_senza_patente_milan_traore.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Have you seen this? Galliani and Preziosi getting merry over lunch. http://video.repubblica.it/sport/calcio-galliani-e-preziosi-brindano-e-cantano-a-forte-dei-marmi/104741/103121

The two lads pissed on holiday's gas.

They are as thick as thieves in fairness.

Niang, you naughty, naughty boy.

Slap on the wrist and a few weeks with the Primavera squad I'd imagine.

Serie A salaries released by Gazzetta today.

2vlmbeq.jpg

fasmfs.jpg

• Advertisement

Hernanes really turning it on here, when he's at it he's very special.

Immobile living up to his name there.

Milan's feeder club have shown more in ten mins here than Milan have all season!

boom slag Immobile and he scores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Genoa deserve to be leading, Juve really need to up their game.

Genoa missed some sitters today, Juve were always going to punish them eventually.

• Advertisement

LOL Roma, apparentely Zemens subs when two up were insanely attacking, some man.

He once said in an interview "Lateral passes are redundant, I never want my midfielders to pass sideways or bakwards unless they absolutely must, we must always attack".

His teams to play great football to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Genoa missed some sitters today, Juve were always going to punish them eventually.

Not all that was missing.

James Fielden ‏@James_Fielden

Not able to attend Juve match, Genoa draft in a cardboard cut-out of President, Enrico Preziosi, to fill his seat!

A27IlGdCcAAm1F0.jpg:large

Juve used up one of their lives today anyway. Howany chances to Genoa need to score one goal! Juve are clinical though. The injustice of Conte not being there on match days has provided them with even more motivation.

Delighted with Insigne's goal today for Napoli. He was only on the pitch less than 60 seconds. Still not happy with defence, any time a ball goes in the box from out wide, Aronica and Cannovaro look anything but comfortable.

grenache wrote: »
    Juve used up one of their lives today anyway. Howany chances to Genoa need to score one goal! Juve are clinical though. The injustice of Conte not being there on match days has provided them with even more motivation.

Delighted with Insigne's goal today for Napoli. He was only on the pitch less than 60 seconds. Still not happy with defence, any time a ball goes in the box from out wide, Aronica and Cannovaro look anything but comfortable.

Haven't seen Insigne yet, himself and Veratti got some amount of attention for players who were at a lower league team, hope they live up to the billing!

Juve stepped it up a gear when they had to today, helps being able to bring on such quality from the bench. Looking forward to their tie against Chelsea this week, think they're an all round stronger team but the lack of CL experience might be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Great game by Hernanes today, Lazio seem to be playing better every week.

Really looking forward to the Spurs game now.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shocking defending and the Chievo keeper could have done possibly better, but very nice overhead to put Juve ahead from Quagliarella.

edit - and scored the 2nd goal.

2-0 now, nice individual action there.

Milan lose again, the worst thing is that rather than see the real problem here and invest in the squad where it's needed Milan will just sack Alegri and hire another manager without fixing the problems and we will have the same ****e with different underpants.

Max will be made a scapegoat for the idiocy of the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

• Advertisement

Insane that Lazio lost that game, they absolutely battered Genoa for the entire game but simply could not finish the dozen or so chances they had.

Zaraté is a waste of space.

San Siro has been a pretty lol dire stomping ground for the Milan sides this season so far, heading to the derby in a couple of weeks, has a 0-0 written all over it the way things have been going.

Juve could win this season by a record margin, they're ridic superior to all rivals unfortunately.

Inter losing at home to Siena is hilarious.
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Zaraté is a waste of space.
    I've been saying that for years.

Roma awarded a 3-0 win after weekend postponed match v Cagliari. Still think it's possible that Zemens Roma could concede a few before this result is made offical.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Roma awarded a 3-0 win after weekend postponed match v Cagliari. Still think it's possible that Zemens Roma could concede a few before this result is made offical.
    Haven't been online in a few days, why were Roma awarded the game? Crowd trouble?

grenache wrote: »
    Haven't been online in a few days, why were Roma awarded the game? Crowd trouble?

The stadium has been deemed unsafe and the game was supposed to be played behind closed doors. The Cagliari president told season ticket holders to turn up anyway. The police and local council called the game off.

Only been keeping half an eye on it up until now, but Fiorentina - Juve has been really good by all accounts. Fiorentina will rue these missed chances you just know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fiorentina could end Juve's unbeaten run i think
    lookin dangerous

They should be a couple of goals up in this half alone. Jovetic has been magnificent so far, just without the goal he deserves. Luca Toni coming on to score would be great to see.

• Advertisement

Roncaglia is a beast.

Juve would take a draw now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How'd the Juve match finish?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How'd the Juve match finish?
    Somehow Juve came away with a 0-0, despite being battered from start to finish by Fiorentina. They just couldn't take their chances.

Fiorentia are such a strong team this year.

I think they had the most impressive transfer window of any team in Europe when you consider just how **** they were last season.

Montella doing great things in Florence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Fiorentia are such a strong team this year.

I think they had the most impressive transfer window of any team in Europe when you consider just how **** they were last season.

Montella doing great things in Florence.

Yeah I agree. They kind of flew under the radar somewhat and managed to assemble a very useful team. If the Milan clubs don't get it together soon they have a shot at a Champions League place.

Napoli 1-0 Lazio after 22 mins, game live on ESPN.

Goal numero 71 in 101 league games for Cavani! Fortunate with the deflection, gave Marchetti no chance.

Great start for Napoli!

• Advertisement

Great second goal.

2-0. Fortune favours those who shoot! Cavani on the double.

Howler from Marchetti. Napoli well worth the 2 goal lead though.

Finished 3-0. Cavani hat-trick. Suspicion of offside for 3rd goal.

Could have been 4 had same player not missed a penalty.

Napoli were excellent tonight. Both in defence and attack. Midfield was dominant throughout, Behrami and Inler superb. Maggio tore Candreva a new one, particularly in the first half. Zuniga brilliant on the other wing. Insigne made another fine cameo performance.

Cavani - words don't do his performance justice.

Juve.... You have a serious challenger for the Scudetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

If Napoli had a defense that could come close in quality comparative to the attack and midfield, they'd go far.

But I think that's where they'll fall down if they want to win the Scudetto.

If Napoli had a defense that could come close in quality comparative to the attack and midfield, they'd go far.

But I think that's where they'll fall down if they want to win the Scudetto.
    The defence has been strengthened though. They were very solid tonight, against a decent Lazio attack. Gamberini was a great addition, and had a great game tonight, really kept Hernanes quiet. Cannovaro and Campagnaro solid out too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement